What is going on with the Family Base Companion App??? Verizon dropped the ball with this one....
CONNIEVIZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be clear about what app does what:

"FamilyBase Companion" is installed on the kids phone and relays info to Verizon

"Verizon FamilyBase" is installed on parents phones and used to access the info.

This issue also is affecting my kids phones:  .  It appears to be related to the Android update...specifically the Marshmallow Version.. .. once you update your Android system..   the "FamilyBase Companion" app. disappears..   it is no longer compatible with the system.

this is something only Verizon can resolve by updating the "FamilyBase Companion" app. to be able to work smoothly with this update.

This is an issue that only verizon can fix.. 

Verizon dropped the ball with this one..   the update is not compatible with their app.. an app that Family Base users pay for...  that is not working properly.

They did not inform any one any of the family base users of this issue..  and it has been going on for some time now.   (just take a look at the forum.. search and you will see many posting questions as to why it is no longer working)

Verizon needs to work on fixing the app immediately so that it is compatible with the Android update that family base users are installing on their phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is going on with the Family Base Companion App??? Verizon dropped the ball with this one....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to send an email to the developer's email address listed on the Play Store for the application. The more people who complain the more they are aware it needs to be updated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: What is going on with the Family Base Companion App??? Verizon dropped the ball with this one....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We so appreciate you you reaching out to us about this issue. It is something that we are aware of and a fix is in development. We ask for your continued patience as our developers are working diligently on the update.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Done4Good
Enthusiast - Level 2

Child has lollipop, I have marshmallow, I can see a list of her apps, but no usage data. I know she's using them, but family base shows "-" (without the quotes). Will this be fixed anytime soon, or should I cancel the charge from my account? I'm tired of paying for something that doesn't work! One of the main reasons I upgraded her phone, was so I could use this app, and now I find out it is not compatible with the operating system that it was designed to be used on? Will it be fixed soon or not?!?!?

0 Likes
ERIGIL98

My daughter has learned to connect to WiFi and I have no control over her phone and don't see any usage. Get rid of this app and download MMguardian.  You have alot more control.

0 Likes
mirichm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have many times and have not gotten a response at all.  It is ignored.  Guess who the developer is?  You guessed it, Verizon.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Download Life360.  You can set up zones, track when the person being tracked leaves or enters the zone, it is accurate and reliable.  You can set up the free version and run it as long as you want with 2 zones on it.  If you want text notifications or more then 2 zones you need to pay for the premium version which is less then 50 a year.  The nice thing is it is compatible across platforms (Apple and Android on the same tracking).

0 Likes
CONNIEVIZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well then..  it is over a month since I asked and you had said you (Verizon) were working on it... 

yet it is still not working.

What is the update?
Again..  your customers pay a service fee for this app...Will you be issuing credits????

MATBRU88

3 months later... exactly how fast is "diligently?"

Add me to the list of customers expecting a credit for this key feature I am still being charged for.  --Matt

0 Likes
BRITOR15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right there with you. The earliest evidence that I can find of this issue goes back to 2015, but Verizon blocks me from posting the link to the message board. The company is aware of the issue, and has been for the better part of two years. Approximately HALF of the advertised features (look at the family Base page on Verizon wireless; I'm referring to every feature marked with an asterisk) are not available without the companion app, which is not compatible with the last TWO Android versions... This is a SCAM!

0 Likes