It has been out since May and vetted and pushed to all other carriers but Verizon. All I see in random Android forums is, "should be coming soon" but there's NOTHING from Verizon yet. In typical Verizon style, you are last to the update game because you want to force customers into just buying the latest device with the latest plans instead of supporting them on the devices they love to use with the cell plan that actually works for their family.
Please Verizon.... do tell when you are releasing Android 10 for the G7 ThinQ.
We know you are eager for the latest update, Delosky! Our network team completes rigorous testing before releasing a software update to ensure all the features are fully compatible with our network. While we aren't provided specific dates, as soon as it is available, it will be pushed to your device. You can also review this link for the latest software information: http://spr.ly/6600GNfyK.
Not sure why I was expecting anything other than a canned response. I've had Verizon devices long enough to know that regardless how quickly the phone manufacturer will come out with updates, Verizon will ALWAYS BE THE LAST to bring it to their devices and will never tell their customers where they are in the vetting process. I had the EXACT same experience with the HTC One M8. Look it up. Verizon was the last carrier to update it when HTC was very good about providing updates. Unreal.
Do you know when T-Mobile updated the LG G7 ThinQ? 5 months ago in May! After years and years of being the last to get any updates on my device, I'm seriously considering dumping Verizon once and for all and going with a carrier who actually helps their customers keep the devices they like instead of making them wait it out to hopefully someday get an update.
Never expect quick updates with a Verizon branded LG phone. I've learned my lesson with the last phone I bought with them. Get yourself an unlocked phone, no need to punish yourself with T-Mobile service.
So maybe I'm misunderstanding how the updates work then. I bought my G7 unlocked, specifically to avoid Verizon bloatware and also going to get the updates faster. The current Software version is G710ULM20f but I have a VZW SIM.
I thought to "officially" update it OTA, I have to wait on Verizon. Can I update the phone directly from LG without routing the device?
And now I'm even more confused. I just installed both LG Bridge as well as LG Support Tool. They both say that my LMG710ULM is running the latest software version G710ULM20f (which is Android 9, February patch). And even though Android 10 has been "released" and is already available to update Google Fi and T-Mobile G7's, I can't install it on my Unlocked device nor does Verizon have it available for OTA.
The last thing that we want is for you to consider leaving olur Verizon family, but please keep in mind that we dont have control over the softweare updates that are sent out to your phone. You do also have the option of contacting the manufacture to see if there is any other way of getting it installed. We recomend contacting them to further assist. DavidR_VZW
I too am ready to leave Verizon for another service provider. The responses coming from Verizon on this topic might have been ok in May or June... assuming a July or August answer. We do not anticipate you to be first. You've done an extremely good job of setting very low expectations.
We wish you wouldn't work so hard to:
- ...pretend ignorance. When you say "we don't have any information", you must realize how silly that sounds. Verizon is responsible for the change and, by definition, must have some sort of schedule/plan in mind.
- ... evangelize. When you say "we complete rigorous testing", you make it sound like you think that is special. Everybody tests their updates before publishing them.
- ...deflect. When you say "contact the manufacturer", you know this is a useless diversion. The manufacturer is just going to point back to Verizon because Verizon is responsible for publishing updates on their network.
- ...deceive. When you say "we don't control the updates", you're just being plain dishonest. Of course Verizon controls updates. You just admitted to rigorously testing the update.
Delosky mentioned that T-Mobile and others pushed Android 10 to their customers in May.
- He didn't mention that the LG G7 Android One got the update in December... of 2019!
- And Android 11 came out this month! So now we are officially two releases behind.
So, please redirect your effort to answering the question... WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PUBLISH ANDROID 10 FOR YOUR LG G7 CUSTOMERS? This should have been done months ago. You should at least be able to give a date.