Re: When are you releasing Android 10 for the LG G7 ThinQ Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates can improve device stability and provide a variety of additional benefits, including user experience improvements, performance enhancements and the latest security patches. This page has links to the most current software updates for all supported Verizon wireless devices.

Tap or click on the manufacturer to find your device.

https://www.verizon.com/support/software-updates/

0 Likes
reyelts3101
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're still waiting. Sigh.

This is ridiculous.

Since you keep wanting to blame them, I did check with LG support. Their response: 1) the update has been available for a year and 2) OTA publish is the responsibility of the carrier. In other words, Verizon needs to a) stop being an @$$ by misleading customers/pointing at the manufacturer and b) get off it's @$$ and push the year-old update to customers.

My weekend plan is to visit the ATT and TMobile stores and decide which carrier gets my business. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello reyelts3101,

You are an important part of our family. The last thing we want is to see you go. The LG G7 ThinQ received a security update (G710VM21b) on 9/14/2020: https://www.verizon.com/support/lg-g7-thinq-update/ Large software updates such as Android 10 are created by the manufacturer of the phone. Verizon Wireless does not create this update. Researching LG's Android 10 update shows that they have not released this update to all versions of the LG G7 ThinQ. Only select models on certain carriers around the world have received this update. Different carriers have different software or network needs that the manufacturer needs to ensure their update is compatible with prior to release. We are unable to provide you with a date this update will be released because we do not have any information about when any software update (for any make or model) will be available. An update won't be pushed to your phone until it is ready. 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
reyelts3101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm....

• Android 10 has been available for OVER A YEAR
  • TMobile published the update to its customers in MAY... seven months ago.
  • The replacement for Android 10 -- Android 11 -- came out one month ago.

As I explained, LG support -- yes, I called them -- says they've given the update to you and it is your responsibility to publish it via OTA to us. 

If you don't want to see me go, it is very simple: you must do the job you signed up to do. This means:

1. If you really don't have the update you need from LG, it is your responsibility to incent them to provide it in a timely manner.

2. If you really do have the update you need from LG, it is your responsibility to publish it to customers. 

Saying "you are important" to a neglected customer is just insulting. Prove it by doing your job.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to have the latest software update on your phone reyelts3101. I'm sorry it hasn't been pushed to your device. I show the last update for your LG G7 ThinQ was on September 14, 2020. We don't have any information of on more recent updates. Listed below is a link to that last update and once we are ready to release any other updates that we receive from the manufacture, it can be viewed via the link below. 

http://spr.ly/6605HElWc

Are you having any issues with your phone that we need to address?

0 Likes
reyelts3101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re: Are you having any issues with your phone that we need to address?

This is the problem I need solved: Due to security concerns, my work has an N-1 version policy with respect to Android phones on their network. They are immovable on this policy. With the advent of Android 11, this policy means only Android 10 and 11 devices have access. Loss of work network access affects my ability to earn income and therefore pay my carrier for service.

At this point, Verizon refuses to provide coherent information as to their Android 10 plan for my current device, much less actually provide the update. Consequently, a new phone or a new carrier (or both) is the only remaining solution. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the latest update and service for your device needs. Based on what we show for your device the latest update provided was on 9/14/2020. This version provided the most up to date security patches for this model device. Just to make sure that you have the latest version please provide the one you have installed currently? Have you checked to see if there were any available updates on your phone? 

0 Likes
reyelts3101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have that update. It does not solve my problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to take a closer look into this. We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
VZ_kid
Enthusiast - Level 1

After three and a half HOURS on the phone with VZW today, their Tier 2 Support conferenced in LG Carrier Technical Support who simply and clearly stated:

"LG has not released the Android 10 Version for the LG G7 to Verizon yet. (11/28/2020!!!)" Then, when pressed, they did confirm it is in production and software testing now and the phone will get it, but there is NO TIMELINE for that.