Where are all of the rugged smartphones?
DLee2000

Are there any rugged smartphones coming out for Verizon in the near future?  The Kyocera DuraForce Pro is starting to get outdated.  It's been a great phone for me.  I have dropped it, submerged it in water, and it still runs.  All of the other phones that require a case to become rugged are never rugged.  I end up breaking them or they start seeing terrible signs of wear due to the dirty conditions I work in.  I need another rugged phone - I see options for other carriers but Verizon seems to be lacking.  There are lots of options out there but none seem to be compatible with the Verizon network.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where are all of the rugged smartphones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLee2000, I certainly recognize the importance of having a phone that is able to meet your needs, especially for work purposes. You've come to the right place for assistance, and I am glad to see that the DuraForce Pro has served you well thus far. Fortunately there is a successor model to this phone, the DuraForce Pro II: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/kyocera-duraforce-pro-2/#sku=sku3270003 Have you had an opportunity to review this phone? I'm confident that it would be a great option to fit your requirements. Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if any of these are rugged, but it might be a list to start with to see if any of them meet your needs. Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

phones are fragile & the only way i've found to protect 'em is with the otterbox defender case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLee2000, I certainly recognize the importance of having a phone that is able to meet your needs, especially for work purposes. You've come to the right place for assistance, and I am glad to see that the DuraForce Pro has served you well thus far. Fortunately there is a successor model to this phone, the DuraForce Pro II: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/kyocera-duraforce-pro-2/#sku=sku3270003 Have you had an opportunity to review this phone? I'm confident that it would be a great option to fit your requirements. Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

DLee2000 wrote:

Are there any rugged smartphones coming out for Verizon in the near future? The Kyocera DuraForce Pro is starting to get outdated. It's been a great phone for me. I have dropped it, submerged it in water, and it still runs. All of the other phones that require a case to become rugged are never rugged. I end up breaking them or they start seeing terrible signs of wear due to the dirty conditions I work in. I need another rugged phone - I see options for other carriers but Verizon seems to be lacking. There are lots of options out there but none seem to be compatible with the Verizon network.

The DuroForce 2 just came out.

0 Likes
DLee2000

Thank you!  Looks like I prematurely asked the question - I didn't see that phone prior to posting this.  Looking forward to trying it out.

0 Likes