Where do I enter a verification code?
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am transferring to Verizon from an existing phone.  On my existing phone, I receive a Google verification code.  Where do I enter that code in my new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would like to apologize for the delayed reply as we welcome you to the Verizon family.

We want to make sure the port in is complete.

Please contact the Port Center at 888-844-7095

•Mon - Sat, 7 AM - 11 PM CT
•Sun, 9 AM - 9 PM CT

I'm still a little unsure as to what connfirmation code you are needing from us or Samsung. Do you mind explaining a little further?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not really enough information here to answer without making a lot of assumptions which could be wrong.  My first thought is the code is to verify your Google account on the new phone, and it should ask you for the verification code when you try to log in to (set up) your Google account on the new phone.  This is assuming both phones are Android.

Are you moving from another carrier?  Did you port your number to Verizon? 

Are you trying to do online activation?

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am switching from Republic Wireless to Verizon ... from a Moto X to a Samsung ... both are Android.  I am keeping my phone number.

The Samsung did download my gmail contact info, so the connection is solid.

I can call with the Samsung, but incoming calls go to my old phone.

On the Samsung, I see "Couldn't confirm number".  When I select "Confirm" on the Samsung, I receive a verification code on my old phone.

How do I activate online?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off your old phone, or put it in airplane mode to the port can complete and calls will be forced to go to the new phone.

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did power down my old cell phone.  When I call my phone number, I get my old phone voice mail.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How long ago did you begin the porting process?  It may take a few days to fully complete.

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought the phone / plan today.

While the wait is fine, I was curious about the verification code being sent to my old phone by action on my new phone.  I don't want to delay the final activation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bhs67, that was the next best step to complete to resolve this service issue. Did you power your new phone off/on to soft reset it on our network? Are you able to place calls and send/receive text messages on that phone?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would like to apologize for the delayed reply as we welcome you to the Verizon family.

We want to make sure the port in is complete.

Please contact the Port Center at 888-844-7095

•Mon - Sat, 7 AM - 11 PM CT
•Sun, 9 AM - 9 PM CT

I'm still a little unsure as to what connfirmation code you are needing from us or Samsung. Do you mind explaining a little further?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes