Re: Where is Advanced Calling 1.0 for the Z3v?
Tidbits
Legend

Sony have brought out two 5.1.1 builds but Sony themselves said they stopped developing 5.1.1. So where's the new ones lately? Why isn't there any word from the guy who leaked those builds? Exactly man... Sony stopped that's why there is nothing.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

So the AC 1.0 download on Verizon's site is produced by Sony? WOW, and then the rest of the phone manufactures use the AC 1.0 code for their phones too. Watch Tidbits will go off on a Sony tangent again 'cause they can't seem to realize that Verizon is really the problem.

Tidbits your are hilarious, the issue is AC 1.0 (Advanced Calling 1.0 AKA.. VoLTE -- Voice over Long Term Evolution, Wi-Fi calling) and that is a Verizon code not any manufacture. 

You hate Sony I get it, use your hatred for constructive purposes and direct it toward the Red Headed Beast, that constantly gives you things you don't want and charges outrageous prices for it, we the consumer need your help fighting  the Giant Red Check Mark.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Well lets see your still stuck on the builds for Sony I see, when the issue is AC 1.0, it is obvious that Sony intended to stay with Verizon, but if the carrier pulls your product what are you to do? Now the carrier will not let you on their network for a OTA if you do build further updated ROMs for your device, so you are stuck as a manufacture with no avenue to go.

The consumer that bought your product gets stuck with a phone that the carrier dropped and the manufacture can't support cause the carrier dropped the product, so again the "closed" carrier's (Verizon) fault.

We can go on forever, and I think Tidbits will, but you are wrong and no amount of typing can make me change my mind short of Sony contacting me and saying "Yes it was us, not Verizon!", so type on my good friend but be assured you are only convincing yourself, everyone else knows it is Verizon's fault.

Besides Tidbits you said you have a Nexus why are you so concerned anyways?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Explain if Sony doesn't incorporate the code how is Verizon going to deliver AC 1.0?  You still stuck thinking Verizon is able to do something they have no source code or licensing to do...

Tidbits
Legend

Doesn't fly man... The S3 product was pulled,  So was the M7 and they received updates after they were pulled.  The Thunderbolt was pulled and still received updates long after it was pulled.  Those examples already kills your arguments...

The manufacturers dictate ultimately what get's updated or not.  As long as they pass testing any device can get updated as manufacturers see fit. 

mama23dogs
Legend

You're mixing up the coding on the phone to use a service, with a service Verizon provides for the phone.

(backwards analogy)

ITs like when HD TV sets first came out, but no cable service offered HD service yet. This is the reverse.  Verizon offers the service, but phones must have compatible software to use it.

BTW, the Nexus 6 and 6p running marshmallow get HD voice just fine.

Bac to Sony, they stopped selling through carriers and did not make a CDMA version of the z5.  They don't want to deal with the expense of carrier bloat and updates and carriers won't pay enough to make it worthwhile for them.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

FYI. ATT isn't supporting HD voice on any non ATT phone , so the Sony z5 that can be purchased at Best Buy has the code, but it isn't compatible with ATT system and ATT won't recognize the phone .

IT will work fine, but it will drop to HSPA for voice calls and get LTE for data.

IT has something to do with ATT not using the VoLTE system every other carrier is using. (Not bright and very irritating for customers)

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Uh see post two or three of this thread where Verizon rep wants me to download the AC 1.0.

In Lollipop build for Verizon it is present. Verizon supplies the code not Sony.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Wait you mean you can't buy a HTC, Motorola or Samsung anymore? Oh man, what are we going to do?

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Verizon just got Wi-Fi calling and AC 1.0 has been out for a while, nothing backwards here, I am just asking for the AC 1.0 that the phone is capable of per Verizon's own admission.

0 Likes