Re: Which version of the gear s2 comes free?
Tidbits
Legend

Oh FYI. Go to XDA and read the promo forums. 2 reps made a mistake and sent S2 to some people and guess which one it was.  Also there should be some screen  shots IIRC before Samsung updated their pages

0 Likes
FamilyMan951
Enthusiast - Level 3

Received my phone yesterday and immediately signed up only for the Gear 2 deal. They sent me a confirmation email with a link to the following terms and conditions:

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/Rules

From Samsung Rules:

Gear S2 (est. $300 value, color selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion; no more than 35,000 Gear S2 watches are available in this Offer

From VZ:

Galaxy S7 and S7 edge requires a new device payment activation. *Gear VR MSRP is $100, 6-game bundle is estimated at $50 value, Gear S2 MSRP is $349.99. Free Gear VR or S2 takes 4-6 wks to deliver. Visit SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer to redeem the free offer.

Only VZ watch I see online with full retail price is the following:

Samsung Gear S2 | Verizon Wireless

eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

I received mine today and it is the 3G version

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

It is the SM-R730V..   The BT grey model is SM-R720

20160402_122919.jpg

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So now can I say I tell the people who kept arguing it had to be the BT model... I told them so?

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

The 3G version has a slightly larger2016040211_143707.jpg screen but is almost twice as thick as the regular BT version

0 Likes
Swiftysnake
Enthusiast - Level 3

When did you submit your info

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

When did you submit your info

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first claim was submitted on 3/9. 

My "check status" page was stated "shipment date: pending" until the day after it was shipped and then it was changed to "shipping date-4/8" when it was already en-route....although it was originally shipped on 3/30 and I would have not known unless fedex notified me of a pending delivery.

Fedex tracking shows  It was scheduled to be delivered 3/31 but didn't arrive until 4/2 for some reason.  There has been no update on my other submissions yet.

Swiftysnake
Enthusiast - Level 3

I submitted both my wife's and mine on the 10th so hopefully we hear some good news soon. I kept telling people it was the 3g version. Happy it is myself

0 Likes
puggy466
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here I order mine on the 10th. Can't wait to receive it.

0 Likes