Why Can't I Pair My Phone With My Car Anymore?
TAMWOO39
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G3 phone.  I have always connected it to my car for calls and music via bluetooth.  I have Uconnect on my Dodge journey.  The last few days it will pair for phone use but I cannot listen to my music from my phone to my car. What could be the problem.  I have not changed any settings.  Can anyone help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: bluetooth
DarthZoltan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Problem is that I would not have to option for media audio/media option when pairing with my bluetooth headphones only call audio was available.

1. go to settings

2. go to application manager

3. press the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select show system

4. scroll down to Bluetooth (gear icon) tap Bluetooth tap storage tap clear data and press ok

go back one screen

5. find the other Bluetooth app (bluetooth icon) and repeat the process ...tap Bluetooth tap storage tap clear data tap okay exit out of application manager

6. reconnect  with your Bluetooth device this should allow you to stream music and not just accept calls

if this works for you send me a tweet [Removed]

Edit: I have to do this everytime I want to connect my headphones. I believe it is a bug in the update and have sent a report to LG. Hope they fix it soon

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAMWOO39, I also use Uconnect and like to play my music from my phone. We will provide as much troubleshooting as we can, but remember that we do not have manuals for the Uconnect system. When this has happened to me in the past, I will usually have to unpair/delete my phone from the system and then reconnect it.

You should also check to see how many phones are connected to your Uconnect system and make sure your phone is set to priority #1.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

TAMWOO39
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried everything. I deleted every device from my phone and my uconnect. I am able to pair my phone for calls only. Media will not work. theres a switch between on Uconnect for paired phones and paired media. My phone is paired on the screen when I go to paired media its empty.

I am so sad.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked at the pair connection in the Bluetooth settings on the phone and seen which connection types are supported? For example my vehicle radio only supports phone audio and contact sharing. If I have a rental it might support media.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

TAMWOO39
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I started my phone in "safe mode" to see if it was a third party add-on somewhere causing the problem, while it still does not work for Media audio (in my car), it will show the media audio selection that was not there before under Uconnect on my phone. 

Before - it only showed call audio selection.  I then paired the phone successfully to a Bluetooth headset and played music successfully. 

I am suspecting the issue to be with the uconnect, however, it pairs perfectly with my kids and husbands phones......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is connecting properly. Have you tried restarting your device? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Pretty sure starting a device in safe mode qualifies as restarting the device.

DarthZoltan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Problem is that I would not have to option for media audio/media option when pairing with my bluetooth headphones only call audio was available.

1. go to settings

2. go to application manager

3. press the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select show system

4. scroll down to Bluetooth (gear icon) tap Bluetooth tap storage tap clear data and press ok

go back one screen

5. find the other Bluetooth app (bluetooth icon) and repeat the process ...tap Bluetooth tap storage tap clear data tap okay exit out of application manager

6. reconnect  with your Bluetooth device this should allow you to stream music and not just accept calls

if this works for you send me a tweet [Removed]

Edit: I have to do this everytime I want to connect my headphones. I believe it is a bug in the update and have sent a report to LG. Hope they fix it soon

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TAMWOO39
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Thank you!! This worked.  I also got a system update a few days ago that I think fixed it. We will see! Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Why Can't I Pair My Phone With My Car Anymore?
LtownLady

Someone told me it's because I have conflicting sets of contacts -- both in Android/verizon and also google.  It wants to load one or the other both not both.  Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes