Why am I not receiving some texts and phone calls?
simplystacers
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some time, occasionally, I have not received texts and have not received phone calls.  Two days ago I was notified by my doctor's office that they had called me and got a "number has been disconnected" recording although I never received a phone call or a missed call that day.

I have tried removing the battery and rebooting but this doesn't seem to have any effect on whether I receive texts or calls.  I don't have any special settings or changed anything on the phone.

Unsure if it's related, but my Droid will restart itself with no warning when it is "acting slow".

Please help, if anything, the phone is supposed to make and receive phone calls!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I not receiving some texts and phone calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

simplystacers,

Making and receiving calls is the most basic thing we want our phones to so! Let's get that working for you again. Dial *73 and send. Retest and let us know. Could you also advise what model phone you are having the trouble with?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

simplystacers,

Making and receiving calls is the most basic thing we want our phones to so! Let's get that working for you again. Dial *73 and send. Retest and let us know. Could you also advise what model phone you are having the trouble with?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
simplystacers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Brian,

I dialed *73 and got a short dial tone and the phone hung up.  The phone is a Droid X2.

I appreciate your help with this Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, simplystacers. After dialing *73 have you notice improvement with receiving calls? Since you have the Droid X2, have you tried dialing *228 and selecting option 2 to update your towers? If you are still experiencing problems, please accept my follow request and send me a request back. Once we are both following eachother, please send me a direct message.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
simplystacers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not receiving text messages again.  Even during active conversations...

tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

I assume the *73 clears FEC and CRC error. Fec is when your sending/calling. CRC is the pieces of information that transfer back and forth. As the errors reach a certain point they just give up until there is a network refresh. Everything has gotten terrible for some people as XLTE rolled out which is the faster internet. The VOLTE they are working on changing the voice/text to VOIP. Like how home internet goes down all the time if the signal levels are down even just a little. Same with texts. It's a loss of a piece of info that builds up over time and loses a text or call then typically does an auto correct. No not Verizon employee either. Just U-verse Mainframe opperator

0 Likes
simplystacers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so... does that mean there's nothing I can do about not getting the texts people are sending me?  Before coming back on here last night I tired the *73 (error tone and hung up on me) and the *228.  Thanks for all the help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

simplystacersl, thanks for giving that a try. *73 would be a way to disable call forwarding, which could explain the missed calls if active with an invalid number. However, this would not affect your messaging in any way. To be sure, would the issue with the messaging be specific to one location or everywhere that you go? Does this occur when indoors as well as outdoors? Happening with all numbers/contacts or only a few?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
simplystacers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  It doesn't appear to happen in only one location and I've received complaints from various friends and co-workers about not getting a response to a text that, when examining my phone, I never got.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's helpful, simplystacers! Thanks. What we're trying to determine is if there appears to be any pattern to the failures (such as the same contacts having failures), if you happen to know which model phone those contacts (such as iPhones), and if anyone involved is using any custom applications for messaging.

I see that you mentioned that it doesn't appear to have any relation to location. To be certain, I recommend reviewing the time and date of the last few failures (a sampling of a few would work best) to see if there's any corelation. This can be resolved. We just need to know more about when and where this happens.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes