Why am I suddenly getting Instabug txt files in my File Manager Documents folder?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am getting a lot of text files in my File Manager's Documents folder. I used the Properties option on the file to see that it is an Instabug file. The path shows VCast.

After searching for various terms online I discovered that VCast is from Verizon, which is my carrier. But, I cannot find an App on phone for VCast or any information online about it or why I am getting these text files.

I am getting a lot of them. I just deleted 10 this morning. 

I don't use VCast. I didn't change anything on my phone. 

Screenshot_20200102-112445.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it appears like I have found the app that is causing these problems. It is the Verizon Cloud app.

I went to the Instabug website. I was thinking of actually sending them a message because the path shows their software name. But, I found this article. It appears that Verizon uses Instabug, and the person interviewed for the article is Mohammad Hariri, DMTS for Verizon’s Communications and Cloud division. So, I thought I would try disabling the Verizon Cloud and and IT WORKED!!! I have turned my phone on and off three times. I don't get the text files! 

https://instabug.com/customers/verizon

So, now the question is: How can someone in charge of that Verizon Cloud app look at this issue? 

I have one of the text files saved on my flash drive. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
25 Replies
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@marz-K  What version of Verizon Cloud do you have?  My Droid Turbo 2 has v19.12.8.  What if you 'uninstall updates' and re-install the updates to the base program?

@vzw_customer_support @carment_vzw  Would uninstalling updates (since we cannot uninstall the app) to the Verizon Cloud app, do the same as the factory reset and re-installing a 'new' Cloud app?  Would that be the base app only or include all updates as well?   What should be the current version?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

jav6:

When I disable the Verizon Cloud app it reverts back to the base version.  (And, I do not get the text files.)

When I reinstall the app I immediately get the text files when I start up my phone. 

marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

The help chat rep's advice was not helpful. I started up my phone this morning and I had another text file. The time and date for the file were today's date with the time I started up my phone. I had not played any videos. So, some app on my phone is generating these text files. I guess the chat is just for elementary phone usage. 

I am very disappointed.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I have a Droid Turbo 2 and looking in my File Manage Documents folder, I see ZERO such files that I can identify as such.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Appears there isn't a Verizon VCAST Mobile TV app for my Droid model.

0 Likes