Re: Why am I suddenly getting Instabug txt files in my File Manager Documents folder?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

EstevanC_VZW:

Deleting them is not the problem. A new one appears every time I start up my phone. I charge my phone two or three times a day. So, if I don't delete them, they build up. That makes the Documents folder useless. I had four other PDF files in there for reference. But, the text files clutter up that folder. 

0 Likes
Re: Why am I suddenly getting Instabug txt files in my File Manager Documents folder?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it appears like I have found the app that is causing these problems. It is the Verizon Cloud app.

I went to the Instabug website. I was thinking of actually sending them a message because the path shows their software name. But, I found this article. It appears that Verizon uses Instabug, and the person interviewed for the article is Mohammad Hariri, DMTS for Verizon’s Communications and Cloud division. So, I thought I would try disabling the Verizon Cloud and and IT WORKED!!! I have turned my phone on and off three times. I don't get the text files! 

https://instabug.com/customers/verizon

So, now the question is: How can someone in charge of that Verizon Cloud app look at this issue? 

I have one of the text files saved on my flash drive. 

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

More: I reinstalled the Verizon Cloud and instantly got a text file in that Documents folder. I disabled it again, restarted my phone and didn't get a text file. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details provided. Can you please clarify, are any other issues occurring while having this app installed? Also, what is the make and model of your device? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

AlbertP_VZW:

I have a Verizon Motorola Moto E 4.

This is the only issue I have with my phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details, marz-K. Would you like to use the Verizon Cloud app? The reason why I ask is that if you wish to use this app, we would need to factory reset your phone so everything gets erased. This will allow us to install a new Cloud app and see how it works. Is your phone backed up?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't get my phone to backup to my Google account.

Settings -> Backup & reset -> Back up my data is on.

Backup account -> Choose backup account: Tapping on my user name/gmail account doesn't do anything. 

I am logged in to a reliable library WiFi.

I don't know how else to trigger/force a backup. I don't know how often the auto backup triggers. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@marz-K  What version of Verizon Cloud do you have?  My Droid Turbo 2 has v19.12.8.  What if you 'uninstall updates' and re-install the updates to the base program?

@vzw_customer_support @carment_vzw  Would uninstalling updates (since we cannot uninstall the app) to the Verizon Cloud app, do the same as the factory reset and re-installing a 'new' Cloud app?  Would that be the base app only or include all updates as well?   What should be the current version?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

jav6:

When I disable the Verizon Cloud app it reverts back to the base version.  (And, I do not get the text files.)

When I reinstall the app I immediately get the text files when I start up my phone. 

marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

CarmenT_VZW

Well, my contacts are backed up. in my Google account. 

I made a list of apps that I have installed. I can just reinstall them. No problem.

I don't have any images/photos or music or videos on my phone to backup.  I use the wallpapers that came with my phone.

The other documents I had in my File Manager -> Documents file are backed up.

I can't see anything else I need to backup before doing the phone reset. 

What's next?

0 Likes