Why are my calles being dropped in my home?
l_a_1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a "Straight Talk" phone and was using Verizon as my carrier. I had GREAT service but didn't like having to deal with overseas people that couldn't speak English when I had to contact them. I switched from "Straight Talk" to Verizon and now I can't use my phone sitting in my own home. The calls break up or are dropped. I asked at the local store and was told the antenna in the phone was to short and I'd need to upgrade to an I-phone to get the better service and if I wanted to keep my same number it would cost me $450.++. WHY the difference in service from my BASIC "Straight Talk" slide phone to the new Verizon android phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are my calles being dropped in my home?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help get you the great service you're use to, l.a.1948. I'm glad you made the switch to Verizon, but iiIndoor signal can also be pretty tricky since there's factors beyond our control that can interfere with signal. Since non-Verizon phones may not be able to use all the Verizon services available, it is usually recommended to consider a true Verizon device. It doesn't need to be a smartphone. We want your device to fit your needs! There's a variety of basic phones at http://vz.to/1s6q1OX to pick from to ensure you can pick up the best Verizon signal possible.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
l_a_1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well. thank you for your reply, but it just doesn't help me!

To begin with, I had a basic phone from "Straight Talk" that used the Verizon network and it worked great.

I switched to Verizon because I got feed up talking to people that couldn't speak English and I had nowhere I could go locally if I had a problem.

I chose Verizon since I had such great service on our system with my other phone.

When I switched I upgraded to a "smart phone" just in case I decided to try some of the features it offered.

Then I found it utilizes Google for almost all of it's feature.

I HATE Google and will not use it unless I have no other choice.

My choice at this point is to NOT use it!

Since I purchase this phone I can't just swap it back in for a basic phone.

I'm in the same house I was before when I was using "Straight Talk" but now I can't use the new phone inside!

Yesterday it wouldn't even let me ANSWER the calls from inside the house!

I've spoken with one of the local stores to see how to correct the problem to no avail.

I was told I could upgrade to an I-phone to get a phone with a better antenna in it but it would cost me over $450.00 if I wanted to keep my same number.

I've spoken to your customer service people and tried all of their recommendation, i.e. dial *228 and then press to locate the closest tower.

Nothing is helping and the problem seem to be getting worse.

Customer service and I think I may have just gotten a bad phone.

Since I'm now working on my 4th month with your company, I'm told I could send it back for a replacement but I would be without a phone until I received a new one.

This is not acceptable as I am using my cell phone in my business.

Then there's the problem of changing all of my contacts and photos over to a new phone when I no longer have the old one to transfer all this stuff from.

I and seriously considering changing carriers when this months minutes are ready to expire.

How do I get these problems resolved?

Respectfully,

Larry A. Brewer

ajhrdh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree!!! Why are calls being dropped when I obviously live in a Red Verizon coverage area on the map?? I complained about this several times. I finally stopped attempting to contact customer service because online chat never seemed to engage and when I called from my cell phone my call was dropped......how ironic!!!! Just waiting til the contract expires then I will try sending smoke signals or use a cup with a string tied to it. That will be better service. The really frustrating part is on this "community" site I don't see anyone getting a response to their complaints!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find a solution l.a.1948! I know it's frustrating not having a phone that works. Just to clarify, are you on a contract or set up with a prepay account?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, ajhrdh. Nobody likes to have a dropped call and if this is happening more often, we can see why you would be upset.When you complained, did we ever get a ticket filed to have an engineer check your area?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
l_a_1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to reply to your message using my phone twice yesterday an got a message failure notice.

"did we ever get a ticket filed to have an engineer check your area? "

Not to my knowledge!

To add to the problem I've had to run out of my home twice just to be able to answer in coming calls.

I am considering trying to switch your service onto my old basic phone just to prove it my new phone that's bad.

Regretfully,

Larry A. Brewer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Larry ,

We will get to the bottom of this! When you switched to us did you choose a Prepay Plan or a contracted account? Do you have any friends or family members that have Verizon Wireless for their cell phone provider (not Straight Talk) and do they have the same issues when inside your home?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
l_a_1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I switched I chose a pre-pay plan at $45 per month.

My wife has a Verizon Wireless contract plan for her cell phone, but I can not tell you if she is having this type of problem with her phone because she doesn't use it in a normal way.

She only turns her phone on when she wants to make a call.

She does not use it in the home AT ALL and shuts it off as soon as she's finished making the call.

She does not receive any calls on her cell phone as she always has it shut off!

I know that doesn't help you in trying to trouble shoot this problem but it's the best I've got to answer your questions.

By the way, Once again today I had to get more than half way out of the house in order to answer an incoming call and it dropped the call before I could get all the way outside!

0 Likes
Janls
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well where do I begin....I have had the same on going problems ever since I switched to Verizon.  I have to stand out side to talk on my phone.  If I walk in the house it immediately drops my call.  This was real fun when i was on my phone trying to get help on my computer off shore.  I finally had to slide the computer over by a window and go outside to talk to India while they worked on my computer through the window....I don't know what I will do this winter with the snow flying.  I have called repeatedly to support and each time get another answer......We never said your phone would work inside a building.....then my favorite....there is foliage on the trees and you should get better signal once the trees drop their leaves!!!!  They also wanted to sell me a signal booster for $249.  I call each week so I can hear another excuse from their book of excuses!!!

0 Likes