Re: Delayed Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

palmerrmpv,

Thanks for the update. We're glad to hear that things have been working like normal again. Please know that we're still here for support if you have questions in the future. In the meantime you can also find resources for all our devices and services by visting www.vzw.com/support.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MBDELISSAINT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this issue right now and it's with single messages; not a group. I tried turning wifi off based on this thread. It seems to have worked but, my question is why? Why is this necessary for non-group text messages, or at all for that matter?

earlyfilms01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem intermittantly for several months. I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, which has had several complete system updates during that period - which I suspect is connected to the problem. When I finally receive my late messages, they always come along with a new message.

It happened today again. I received a text, at the time it was actually sent, just before 11:00 am. Along with it came two texts from last evening - one for 5:30 and another from 6:23. During that time last evening, I had turned WIFI OFF because I was out and couldn't access an app I was using. So much for WIFI Off being a solution.

Also, I don't always get notifications of texts. I just found a new one now, marked as unread, yet there was no notification in the messenger icon nor was my indicator light blinking. I was receiving notifications from another app at the time, but that had never prevented a text notification from occurring until all these other problems started.

Another issue is when it connects to Bluetooth in my vehicle, I get a phantom message notification.I used to get a tone from the phone indicating a connection. Now I don't even get that, just a phantom message notification on the messenger icon. The display in my car shows a connection as it always did, but this phantom message notification causes me to check for a message every time I start my car, which I feel I need to do considering how many of my messages are delayed!

0 Likes
earlyfilms01
Enthusiast - Level 2

While we're at it, how can WIFI off even be a solution! That implies we must always keep WIFI off to avoid missing important texts - but as I said, that does not even work in my case.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Earlyfilms01, receiving text messages in the proper order is necessary to communicate efficiently and effectively. I am concerned to learn that you are having trouble with receiving some texts much later then the time that they are sent on your Galaxy S7 Edge. We are glad to lend a helping hand so we can get your messages working the way they should.

I would like to gather a few details to get started. When did you start having trouble? Which messaging app do you use (if you are not sure describe the icon)? How are the other services working (calls, data)?

GinaU_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
esituism
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched to a new Galaxy S10 today, and am now having this problem.  I previously ran an HTC10 for nearly 3 years and pretty much never had this problem for the entirety of that time.

I've had more lagged texts ater having this new phone for ~8 hours than I did for the entire time I ran my old phone.

Also, wifi off can definitely NOT be a solution unless vzw is going to comp us for our data overrages that come from needing to keep Wifi off in order to have the basic funtionality of our phone work correctly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want you to have any difficulties with your device, esituism. Does this only happen with certain Contacts?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
yellowman98

I have the same problem.  I have the app installed on an iPhone 8 and also LG G5.

There is also a delay in sending and receiving when I check the Verizon Text online for received messages and also when I send messages from Verizon text online--so I am thinking it is not the phone but the system.

Overall, the app looks like a poor copy of iMessage.  Nice try,nice concept,  but poor execution.

0 Likes
yellowman98

p.s.  happens with group and individual texts, sending and receiving, from Verizon text online and also for Verizon+ app (the phone account is LG G5, and I use Verizon Text online and Message+ app on my iPhone 8 (with differnt phone number ) to check texts)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to receive your mesages in a timely manner. How long has this been going on? When using Message +, are you connected to Wi-Fi?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes