Re: Can't reply to emails
Nick_in_SJCA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jkitty, worked for me too - thank you! All of a sudden this morning I couldn't reply or compose new emails without hitting the "Unfortunately mail has stopped" error, I tried all the reboot. cache clearing, delete and recreate account, remove and reinstall SIM card, etc., and nothing else helped. This is work email and I was starting to panic. Smiley Happy

Jkitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad it worked!! As a side note, make sure you don't let that app auto update or it will mess up the mail again.

0 Likes
lke2hvefun

uninstalling the Android System WebView repaired the problem with my email

0 Likes
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Support, now that someone has identified the problem, what will Verizon do to make sure this bug is eliminated for HTC users?

It might take some effort, but between HTC/Verizon Google, someone should show something other than lip service to make sure their customers are supported properly.

Sincerely,

15+ year Verizon Customer

0 Likes
knopkatata
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks a lot for the information! I was able to fix problem with my personal and work emails also! I spent more than an hour with Verizon tech support yesterday for nothing! They have no idea how to fix the problem. I did ask if there are any new programs due to the update that caused it and I was told to talk to tech support from my work because Verizon has nothing to do with that. I hope now Verizon can help other customers with the email issues.

Yennylee73
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I've had this problem for a week or so. This was the solution for now. Hopefully they will fix the problem before it auto updates again.

averyone

Can you please tell me how to uninstall updates for android system website?  I cannot figure out how to do this (I am having same problem on my HTC One M8 with verizon, no longer allowing me to reply to emails).  Can't figure out how to uninstall the update?

0 Likes
averyone

Can you walk me through how to do this uninstall?  I can't figure it out and cannot find any information of how to do so online.

0 Likes
Clathem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to settings

Go to app manager

Go to alll (swipe left)

Go to Android system Webview

Click uninstall updates

Click force stop

Click disable

If you don't disable, it will automatically update and you are back to square one.  I haven't missed the app yet. I think it is only necessary for apps that haven't updated since before Kit-Kat operating system. You should be running lollipop.

Hope this helps.