Why can't my Motorola device hear my responses?
Urquie

When I'm driving hands free and get a text, my Motorola droid doesn't seem to hear my responses to "her" queries? I'll say "Send text," or "Yes" to send, and even if I scream the answer, no action. I've tried everything: picking up the phone to talk normally close-up, yelling, repeating the response over and over. Nothing seems to work! Is there a setting I can change? The microphone seems to work fine for regular phone calls.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't my Motorola device hear my responses?
nicandron_vzw
Verizon Employee

Urquie, I would be just as flustered with my phone's hands free commands not recognizing the actions that I've requested. We are here to help out. Are you utilizing a specific app for the hands free services? Are you connected to Bluetooth, Aux, or just using your phone on a mount? Did this just start happening?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Urquie

This happens while I'm connected to Bluetooth (HUM) or the phone is just beside me in the car (or even in my hand). I use the feature on the phone (I think) that shows an icon when I'm driving. The HUM device can't hear me, neither can the phone.

When I get an incoming text, the phone announces that I've received a text or call. When it asks me to answer, I say "Answer." Sometimes the phone "hears" me, often not.

If I call out a new text, it can't hear me say "Yes," or "Send."

I have tried everything, including whispering, talking normally, screaming, and shouting.

The phone will say, "I'm having trouble. Let's talk later."

Then I'm stuck either having to ignore important communications or pulling over to respond. It's very frustrating.

Thanks for reaching out to me!!!

Liz

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the additional details Urquie. We want to continue to work towards a resolution. Which specific model Droid device are you using? Do you use any other voice or speech to text services on the device outside of the car? If so, are you having trouble with those as well?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes