Re: Why is Verizon wireless in-store lying to sell accessories?
john214
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again, you're avoiding the real issue here.  The rep lied when she told me that scratching the screen will void the manufacturer's warranty.

Scratching the screen doesn't, in any way, void the manufacturer's warranty.

And the screen protector does not protect against puncturing.  So if you drop it, and the screen gets punctured, it doesn't matter if you had the screen protector on or not.

0 Likes
john214
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I hear you Mortb.  This particular sales clerk is definitely cut out for a fine career in used car sales.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I speak from experience dude. I have dropped my phone on the screen. There is a distinct difference from a scratch and a drop when on a screen.

I still have a feeling anyway you went to a 3rd party retailer instead of a corporate store.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What was the address of the store?

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

The Sales People need to make commission, I think they are required (oppps Encouraged) to sell 2 accessories per customer....

Don't hate the Player Hate the Game

0 Likes
budone
Legend

They do, but the way the OP described it, it sure sounds like a 3rd party reseller

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

If the screen or phone has ANY physical damage on it, it will void the warranty and you'll have to pay an ins deductible. So that rep did NOT lie.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not necessarily true, I warrantied 3 Erii (Erises?) that all had a variety of wear and tear scratches, and at least one had the silver plastic trim cracked (again, from wear and tear) and didn't have to pay a deductible. Now, if it had obviously been dropped, that may have been a different story.

notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Wear and tear is accepted,  but like a key scratch or even by a coin (it happens), it will void the warranty.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's exactly why my phone's Don't go were the Keys are b

0 Likes