Re: Why is it impossible to sign up for military discounts?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ernieb59 wrote:

I just spoke to customer service rep. Sandy sent me a text with a link to www.verizonwireless.com/military.

Page not found.

Time for a new carrier in my opinion.

I suppose it looks good on the website that they support veterans, but obviously not.

The link should have been Military veterans discounts, careers programs, and deployment options

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ernieb59

Did you try this link before sending?

Same link as before - there is nothing for Veteran discounts. Only employer participation discounts.

It asks for Employer information and there is no place to verify Veteran status.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes I did look at the page before copying the link. It had military all over it.

Screenshot_2016-11-15-14-15-09.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ernieb59

It asks for Employer information. My Employer does not participate in discounts.

There is no method that I can see to upload my DD214 to show proof of service.

Active duty members would not have a DD214, only those of us who are no longer active duty.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then take your documents to a store and ask them to help you.

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

First, I would like to thank you everyone for helping to protectour country. It's important that we get this discount added on everyone who qualifies account. I apologize that the discount link isn't allowing for the Veteran discount to be added. This is not the experience we want you to have as we appreciate your loyalty with us and your current/previous service. If you are having issues with what address to add, please enter the branch of service and your last known military address (including APO/FPO, AP/AE etc.).

If you are active military, you can provide one of the following:

• Your work or government-issued email address
  • Recent paystub issued within the last 60 days
  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)
  • Veterans Advantage Card (VAC)
  • DD Form 214 (or any other government issued, legacy discharge document)
  • Military Retiree Account Statement

If you are a veteran, you can provide one of the following:

• Veterans Identification Card (VIC)
  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)
  • Veterans Advantage Card (VAC)
  • DD Form 214 (or any other government issued, legacy discharge document)
  • Military Retiree Account Statement

With the trouble you are having with the link, I will be sending a private message to each of you, please check your inbox. 

katrinan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dandeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.. The description of the military discount makes no sense..In reading it, it appears I would qualify and have my DD214 to prove military service. But by insisting on Employer Information, (what does that have to do with proving military service??)  That rules out anyone who is retired, yet served in the  military... 

The DD-214 has always been the defining document to prove Military Service, (e.g. VA loans, discounts at Lowe, Home Depot, etc) yet Verizon has no process for submitting that document for the discount.

So I conclude the discount offer is not genuine.  

0 Likes
MTMIDWIFE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Katrina: Rather than have the Veterans go through contortions to try to make your broken Military Discounts page work, have you considered designing a NEW page? What Vet remembers his/her last known military address? My son-in-law laughed when I told him  Verizon required this information. He had so many different APOs/FPOs. He was enlisted- boot camp, 2 tours in Iraq, an assignment in US Border patrol, multiple other assignments. What's the point of this question? You just need the DD-214, VIC, VHIC, VAC, etc.

PLEASE, make a new, easy to navigate page, with a clear way to upload required documents. It can't be that difficult for a large company. I see changes to Verizon's home page all the time, when you are advertising new products. Don't you want to be genuine in providing this discount to our active-duty and veteran military? I'm sure an entry-level tech employee could make this page better- it is NOT a complex assignment. And it would sure be easier than monitoring and responding to each disgruntled customer on this forum (not to mention lost customers).

Thank you.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It's been said that if you are having difficulty to take your documents into a store. That's not hard at all to do.

CrgS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same old thing, I'm running into the same wild goose chase with veterans advantage folks who are supposed to handle this for Verizon. What a joke