Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
NoNoBadDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the holdup with the LG V20?  All of the other carriers have it, yet no one seems to know when Verizon will carry it.  I am a long time customer, and even stayed after losing my unlimited data.  I am eligible for upgrade, and want the LG V20.  I do not want any other phone currently offered.  If I cannot get some indication of when (or even indeed "if") Verizon will offer the V20, I will be forced to move to another carrier.  I don't want to have to switch, but not having any information about when/if the V20 is coming to Verizon at this stage of the game is going to make that happen. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it.  If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
Weth
Legend

If question is already answered by multiple sources.

When date is likely when everyone else gets it in the US, October 21.

0 Likes
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it. If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
NoNoBadDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T, Tmobile and Sprint have already announced it. They have pre-orders. I called and spoke with Verizon, and was transferred to Channel; they have a window 90 days out showing offers, new phones, etc. They have NOTHING...absolutely NOTHING...in the system for the v20.  That puts it out to mid-January at the earliest.

So, all speculation and guessing aside, and that is all there is at this time, no one at Verizon has any idea when it will be available.

So, despite my desire to stay with Verizon, unless the situation changes very soon, I will have to move on to any of the other carriers that do offer the V20 right now.

Sad that Verizon chooses to drag it's feet...perhaps not to interfere with the introduction of the inferior iPhone 7, or the disappointing Pixel and Pixel XL.

To those of us that want a better phone, I guess we are out of luck.

NoNoBadDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

And please, if you don't have something concrete to add, please don't paste links to speculation or to old links that merely say "coming soon".  I'm not interested in guesses. 

garp01us
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've asked verizon this same exact thing and they have no answer. One great sales lady told me they usually don't setup a pre-order on new devices any liner than 7 days out from it's release. I personally think there going people Will settle for that piece of junk IPhone or the equally lacking new Google Pixel. I've been somewhat patiently waiting since mid September, my G3 is done, wireless card internally doesn't work anymore so I'm shredding my data why LG drags their feet on the release date. But I'm not going to waste my upgrade on a phone I don't want ie:Google Pixel, Samsung G7, or any Iphone for the hundreth time verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NoNoBadDog,

The last thing we want is to see you leave our family. On 09/06/16 we had announced the LG V20 will be coming to our LTE Advanced network. We currently do not have a release date for when this great phone will arrive. For additional details on the LG V20, please refer to this link: http://www.verizon.com/about/news/lg-v20-coming-verizon-lte-advanced

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why no LG V20? Sprint, Tmobile and AT&T have it.  If you don't offer it soon, I'll be forced to switch.
garp01us
Enthusiast - Level 2

So verizon answers the question with no answer, typical, but of course they don't want us to go-to AT&T or T mobile. If they want to keep us they better offer the same deals or better. I still find it interesting that the self proclaimed best and number one wireless provider still has no idea When they'll have the V20! AT&T will offer any V20 butter a new GLad for.99cents and free ear buds that retail for $150.00

Michael00000
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife is dealing with this Note 7 debacle and she want the V20. She could go back to her old phone that was just the worst in terms of functioning properly but she can't and WONT do it for long. We need to know how long she'll have to deal with that old phone because right now she is continuing using her Note 7 and I am condensed but can't convince her otherwise.

Please VERIZON just give us a better idea of the length of time!! Will it be about 2 weeks like the other carriers or a month, or two months or more!

As others are fearing I think you are going to screw around and try to push that Google phone... PLEASE don't screw with the Note 7 users even more then they have already been!!

Michael00000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Need a REAL idea of time PLEASE my wife is risking using the NOTE 7 because of this uncertainty!!