Wifi connectivity issues: The answer may be here.
RavanaNight

I had been having issues with my Droid 3 connecting to my home router. I would put the password in and it would go through the cycle of connecting and disconnecting for no apparent reason. I searched online for a solution for this and found nothing helpful. I also found that a lot of people are having the same problem. So, I did a little searching on my router's settings. (http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/networking/threads/39326) Everyone's router is set up a little bit differently. However, if you click on Wireless, and then Wireless Security, it should tell you what your WPA Shared  Key is. I entered this key instead of my password and, hey, look at that. My Droid finally connected to my wifi. Hope this helps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi connectivity issues: The answer may be here.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Very good, thanks for sharing.  (And from a first timer, at that). 

0 Likes
Re: Wifi connectivity issues: The answer may be here.
MrsBerry

Ohmigosh! THANK you! I just installed a new router, my old one was an 8-year-old NetGear, which I had no trouble connecting to with my LG Lucid. The new D-Link and my Lucid simply would not hook up. It just kept 'obtaining IP address'. Grrrr....

It would be nice if LG would ask for the WPA Security Key instead of the password.

Again, thank you thank you!

0 Likes