Will someone know if you block their number?
jmaff27

can someone tell f you block their number? what will happen if they try to text you?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can someone tell f you block their number? what will happen if they try to text you?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmaff27,

It's never fun when you have to block someone from contacting you. I'll be happy to go over the details with you.

It all depends on if the person you are blocking are also Verizon Wireless customers. If they are, they will see that their text failed to be delivered and also get a text saying, "You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner." If they are not, they will not get any notification that the message didn't go through.

As far as calls go, any blocked person calling will hear a recording stating, "The number that you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of this call. Switch XXX."

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: can someone tell f you block their number? what will happen if they try to text you?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmaff27,

It's never fun when you have to block someone from contacting you. I'll be happy to go over the details with you.

It all depends on if the person you are blocking are also Verizon Wireless customers. If they are, they will see that their text failed to be delivered and also get a text saying, "You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner." If they are not, they will not get any notification that the message didn't go through.

As far as calls go, any blocked person calling will hear a recording stating, "The number that you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of this call. Switch XXX."

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Detaiil
Enthusiast - Level 2

My girlfriend and I broke up a year ago and she blocked my number and we were able to text, no calls tho.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question Detaiil, I know it's important to know. Normally, when you use the native application with in Android phone, if the number is blocked, all communication methods will be blocked. However, if you both have iPhones, that is different as iMessages will still go through but not calls or text messages.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Will someone know if you block their number?
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't ask Verizon. 

garbage. 

N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • They just changed "bullcra*" to "garbage."
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do not trust Verizon. 

They edit answers without telling you that they have edited them. 

muzic1969

So the person I just recently blocked has Verizon, if I try to text them, would it still go through? 

0 Likes