Will the March security update fix LTEon the Nexus 6P/5X?
locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Nexus 6p on the Verizon network. I have had an issue with the lte signal when leaving a wifi hotspot or turning on the phone (It automatically goes to 3G). The only way to remedy this is to toggle airplane mode on and off and then the lte signal returns. I have read that the March security update has fixed this for some. I wanted to confirm with Nexus 6p owners on the Verizon network have had this problem, and if it was solved with the latest update.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nexus 6P/5X March Security Update fix LTE?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a strong LTE connection is crucial to every day life locutus1701. As we don’t sell this model phone we’d recommend contacting Google at 855-836-3987 or Huawei with this link http://bit.ly/1M6q9IB . This way you get the full details about the update.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a network mode setting on the Nexus 6p?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is indeed.

Global, LTE/CDMA and LTE/GSM/UMTS

I have been switching between global and lte/cdma. No apparent difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a strong LTE connection is crucial to every day life locutus1701. As we don’t sell this model phone we’d recommend contacting Google at 855-836-3987 or Huawei with this link http://bit.ly/1M6q9IB . This way you get the full details about the update.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest keeping it in LTE/CDMA mode. Global is going to look for GSM towers first.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.