Wrong town shown
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

When one of my contacts calls me, they're calling from their home, but it shows a different city (same borough though). How do I change that?

Labels (1)
Re: Wrong town shown
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be more tied to their number and the phone exchange number associated with it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's my mother's phone number and she's in Forest Hills, yet it comes up as Woodside. It's the same area code (both are in Queens) but that's it.

Sherri

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

As Ann says maybe she has a exchange number( the 3 numbers before the last 4 ) that is for Woodside. If you know it's your mother why does it matter?

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently, a lot of my contacts didn't back-up (her information was one of them) and I had to re-input everything. It matters to me so that her location is right.

Sherri

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

needlepointer89,

We want to help with this mystery as much as possible. I know if someone's number was showing a different location on my caller ID I would be questioning it as well. Has you Mother's number always displayed this location on your caller ID? If not, how long ago did this start to happen? Is her number a Verizon Wireless cell phone number or a number from a different carrier? (Since this is a public forum, the phone number you put on here has been removed to protect your privacy.)

As our community member Ann154 pointed out it might be tied to their number & the phone exchange.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they could be lying to you! where shown call is coming from is the tower being used!!

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's my mother and I know where she's calling from!!!

Sherri

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it never used to show this location. Last year I had to have my phone replaced and that's when it started but I her contact information is right so I'm not going to worry about it.

Sherri

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

needlepointer89, I can certainly understand your concern. I know that when someone calls you it's essential to see the right city they are calling from. I have Caller ID as well, and when I call my family it shows on their phone that I am calling from Schaumburg, but I live in Hoffman Estates. My phone number was initially assigned as a Schaumburg telephone number, and I am not able to change it to a Hoffman Estates telephone number. I hope this information was helpful to you.

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes