Re: data usage alert notification won't go away?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
FrustratedNEOhio,

We do want these alerts to stop for you. I would like you to check out this link here: http://vz.to/1KkC2Ix  It will go through all the data usage alerts on the HTC One M8 and explain what each option is/does. Compare all those notifications on your device & let us know if you notice any differences once changing them.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
WalthamRick

I tried all of these things. Still getting "Cellular data limit exceeded." Now 232 MB over specified limit.

0 Likes
BrynnX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here With HTC 1M8. Disabled all alerts and hard reset. Any other suggestions?

Did it go away for you after Verizon billing period was over?

0 Likes
JennLynne

Same issue here. HTC One M8, lollipop. Did anyone ever get this resolved? I've done everything here plus I've wiped the system cache.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving that all a try, JennLynne. When you go into Settings > Data Usage there's a little graph below. Do you see an orange and red line within the graph? Try to check Set Mobile Data Limit then adjust the lines in the graph to a higher amount (use your finger to drag the line up or down) followed by unchecking the Set Mobile Data Limit box to help your phone refresh those settings.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
PRocci18,

Having this type of message is not what your phone should be doing. We appreciate all the steps you have completed so far. Let's try one last step together. First, we would need to back up all of your information and make sure you keep everything on your phone. You can do this by using our Verizon Cloud service. Once completed go into your settings, select backup and reset, and then select factory data reset. Once you have done this retest your phone and see if the message still shows up. Keep us updated on your progress.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lizde

some thing need to be done about the data limit exceeded it will not go away what can be done about it need help just like other people need help Verizon need to tell us how we can fix this problem  how

0 Likes
WATER42777

This may have been mentioned or not help at all. I received this message, updated my plan, and still saw the notification at the top. I swiped it down, touched on the down arrow beside the dates listed (4th row), and touched on Change Cycle. I changed my date to match the actual date my payment is drafted, and the notification disappeared. I will have to see if this holds true in the next month or so. Hope it helps!

0 Likes
WATER42777

Actually, though, it appears that these limits have to do with what we set for our phone rather than being matched up with our pick through Verizon. So, mine was for 8GB, but I had set my limits for 5GB. I changed my limits, but it seems that it's up to us to control.

0 Likes
Jpeterson17

Under Sim Card

App Data Usage

Manage Sim Card

Unrestricted Data Usage must be turned on

0 Likes