droid mini stuck in cool down mode
skullnbow84

My droid mini is stuck in cool down mode and  I cannot get it out it. I have looked at all the forums and such and cannot do what they say to get it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid mini stuck in cool down mode
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

This will clear the cache partition on your phone and give you a clean reset to stop the cool down mode. This will not delete any information from your device.

Do  the steps below listed below if you have not already tried this

1. Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT

4. Select Recovery

5. The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark

6. Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen

7. The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background .

8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the POWER Key to SELECT the option desired .

9. In this case , press the VOL DOWN key till the cache partition wipe is selected and press the POWER key to confirm the selection .

10. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM .

11. The device will then start performing the partition wipe

12. Once the Formatting is complete , press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

13. The message rebooting is displayed on the phone.

14. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

If you're still having the issue after this the next troubleshooting I can suggest is to perform factory reset. You can follow the instructions on how to reset your phone here https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

This will clear the cache partition on your phone and give you a clean reset to stop the cool down mode. This will not delete any information from your device.

Do  the steps below listed below if you have not already tried this

1. Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT

4. Select Recovery

5. The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark

6. Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen

7. The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background .

8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the POWER Key to SELECT the option desired .

9. In this case , press the VOL DOWN key till the cache partition wipe is selected and press the POWER key to confirm the selection .

10. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM .

11. The device will then start performing the partition wipe

12. Once the Formatting is complete , press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

13. The message rebooting is displayed on the phone.

14. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

If you're still having the issue after this the next troubleshooting I can suggest is to perform factory reset. You can follow the instructions on how to reset your phone here https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp....

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>> Thread locked; see stuck in cool down mode <<

0 Likes