eSIM, Physical SIM, same number, different phones?
TSwim82

I just got a Pixel 4 for a business line.  It has a physical SIM for the business number.

I have a Pixel 3 with a physical SIM for a personal line.

Is it possible to use an eSIM with my personal number on the Pixel 4, while at keeping my Pixel 3 with the physical SIM active?

0 Likes
Re: eSIM, Physical SIM, same number, different phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is a link: https://www.verizon.com/support/dual-sim-with-esim-faqs/ with more information about eSIM. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The FAQ doesn't answer the question of whether you can have an eSIM in one phone, and the physical SIM that the eSIM was made from in another phone; i.e. two phones with the same phone number, one eSIM based and the other with a physical SIM. I'm guessing that Verizon wouldn't like that, but the FAQ doesn't address the question that the OP was asking.

I'm personally curious about Verizon's answer to this question and am disappointed that all that a Verizon representative could do was to point to an FAQ that doesn't answer the question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, rvortman. Each SIM Card whether it is a eSIM or the physical SIM Card can only have one mobile number for each SIM Card. The eSIM will have a different mobile number, and so would the physical SIM Card. Using the eSIM or physical SIM Card on a smartphone can only be done with the same device (Two mobiles number with one phone). 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Contractcooker

This still doesn’t answer the question. I don’t think. Say I have an iPhone 14 which only has an e-sim but then I have a different phone that only has a physical sim. I want to switch back and forth between the phones without having to go into a verizon store. Is this possible?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, you could also set up call forwarding if you did not want to continue switching. You can also receive messages to both phones using your iCloud login.

*Harley

0 Likes