former Alltel customers - do me a favor?
nonie3234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm testing a theory - if you are a former Alltel customer, please go to the Marketplace and download the Verizon NFL app. Can you launch it, or does it give you this message: "NFL Mobile is only available for Verizon users"?

I'm seeing a pattern here, seems as though the only people this app works for have never been with Alltel. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: former Alltel customers - do me a favor?
mbeth83

I am still on an Alltel plan and I downloaded the app and received the same message that you did.

0 Likes
OsoPolar

Ewww....Burn.

I received the same error message. Apparently they want to make money off of their "Free" App on the back end by charging for data that goes beyond the official Verizon "unlimited" data plan.

Well...

0 Likes
AlltelDroid

I already posted in the NFL Mobile app forum that it is not working for me.  I am a former alltel customer who has kept his alltel rate plan even through the merger.  I even got a letter in the mail telling me how much they appreciate my loyalty and how they want me to keep my plan for as long as I like.  I have tried to contact customer support through email, left bad reviews on the app, posted on this forum, and even sent a message to the VZW twitter account.  So far no responses on the issue from anyone.  I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt for a short time and hope that they just overlooked this problem and are already working on a fix. I just wish someone would come out and say, we are aware of the problem and we are going to fix it, or sorry former Alltel customers we aren't going to treat you the same.

0 Likes
AlltelDroid

I found another forum where people have been discussing the same issues that we have had with the NFL mobile app.  Somone on that board says Verizon is working to resolve the issue, but I am not sure I believe them.  

If you go to your settings/about/status you will see that under network is says unknown.  Anyone who has verizon it will say Verizon here.  Its sad that the app is telling me I am not Verizon, yet the bottom of my Droid is clearly labled Verizon. 

0 Likes
AlltelDroid

The problem appears to have been fixed by Verizon.  I have to admit I am impressed with how quickly they fixed the issue, I just wish they would be more open and keep people informed about the issue.  Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes