lg ally freezes, locks up, shuts down
dishbuster
This is my 2nd ally in 1 month with the same issues it freezes, locks up, shuts down then restarts. Happens at least 20 times per day and night. Verizon says they never heard of this problem but after checking the web there are quite a few people with the same problem. I guess verizon should check there web site. Tried removing the battery, no luck. Reset to factory settings, no luck. Did not download any apps, no luck. Tried activating phone using # 228, no luck. Using my droid x now for this post because the ally won't stay up long enough to type this. Going to verizon store to replace for the 3rd time. I guess if everyone keeps returning there allys verizon will realize they are losing money and acknowledge they have a problem with this phone and hopefully fix the problem or discontinue the ally
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg ally freezes, locks up, shuts down
Stryton
Enthusiast - Level 3

As with most issues Verizon will say they never heard of a specific issue even though it's all over the web including their own forums.  Over at LG Community there are also a lot of complaints about this.  So LG is aware of the problem.

0 Likes
amber2010

I have had my Ally for not even a week & I started seeing problems with it the first day I had it. Runs very very slowy most of the time, freezes up, shuts itself off & on at least 10 times a day. Going to the Verizon store today to hopefully get the problem fixed, but we all know how the customer service at Verizon can be.

0 Likes
jlev4588

If you have only had your Ally for a week I highly recommend you return it. I think you have up to 30 days. Its awful. I've had mine for 4 months and still hate it! Its awful!

Good luck!

0 Likes
Jhnturney

Buy a big battery for ur phone that what i did and no problem and didnt even have to pay for mine so am glad for that lol I hope u guys figure out what needs to be done

0 Likes
Sbcordo

I had the same problem with my ally when i first got it.  i was so fed up with it that i was about to return it, but then i got an update in, even though it said i was currently up to date. this fixed everything, i haven't had a problem since.  i have sold many of them, and maybe 1/3 of them have this problem, but most of them end up getting an update within a week or so, and then love it. all i can say is don't give up!

0 Likes