locked out of phone
mccabekl0058

Need to factory reset a phone remotely. I provide my mentally handicapped daughter with a phone on my prepaid verizon account. She is in a lock down facility 1800 miles away, and I am not physically there to handle the problem for her. She has to factory reset the phone, and was told to take it to a verison store, but she cannot do that in a lock down facility, nor is the staff allowed to touch her phone. Can this phone be factory reset via my account or is there a way that it can be reset by verison? She has an orbic maui smart phone. Both her phone and the account are mine, in my name, and it's important for her safety that it stay that way.  So I have the ability to give my permission for this, as it's my phone, however I do not have any passwords she may have used. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: locked out of phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! I am so sorry to hear you are having these issues. We cannot factory reset the phone for you, I am sorry. If you had the Find My Phone app enabled in this phone it may allow you to reset remotely as most times when a phone is lost not only do you want to track it but lock or wipe too. 

*Heather

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: locked out of phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! I am so sorry to hear you are having these issues. We cannot factory reset the phone for you, I am sorry. If you had the Find My Phone app enabled in this phone it may allow you to reset remotely as most times when a phone is lost not only do you want to track it but lock or wipe too. 

*Heather

0 Likes