mobile network not available
Maxx17

having this problem as well, it's been like this all day.  Phone is a Galaxy Nexus, it happened around 8:30 am this morning and I haven't had service for the entire day.  Nothing happened to the phone, ie it wasn't dropped, or any water damage.  I've tried powering off/on several times. 

Anyone able to offer any advice?  Almost ready for trying a reset but  really don't feel like doing this today

>>Branched from an earlier discussion<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mobile network not available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Maxx17,

Let's look into this! I am confident your issue has been resolved since original post. If so, we'll get this figured out. Current zip code? Do you receive an error message when attempting to make calls?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Maxx17

I left verizon yesterday since I couldn't get any help, thx for the reply.  feel free to delete this post.

0 Likes
DennyB1

I am having the same problem.  Home alone with no way to make calls.  Keep getting message "mobile network not available".  Never saw this before.  HELP!

0 Likes
DennyB1

Same problem.  What's up?  Galaxy S4.  Just had it about 1 week.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maxx17 wrote:

I left verizon yesterday since I couldn't get any help, thx for the reply.  feel free to delete this post.

This is a peer to peer customer forum. Not everyone read every post immediately nor do they respond immediately. If you needed an immediate answer, you could have called customer service.

FYI, posts aren't deleted here. Someone else might benefit from them so at most it might be archived.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maxx17 wrote:

having this problem as well, it's been like this all day.  Phone is a Galaxy Nexus, it happened around 8:30 am this morning and I haven't had service for the entire day.  Nothing happened to the phone, ie it wasn't dropped, or any water damage.  I've tried powering off/on several times. 

Anyone able to offer any advice?  Almost ready for trying a reset but  really don't feel like doing this today

>>Branched from an earlier discussion<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Was it just your phone? Rebooting and pulling the SIM card didn't help? There could have been a tower down that day or the techs working on it to improve the quality of the signal for your area. There could have been a number of reasons.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Maxx17

I wasn't talking about getting help from the forums, but rather verizon in general.  It was only my phone having problems.  I sat on the phone for a long time dealing with 2 CSRs who were treating me like an idiot, as if I wouldn't try rebooting the phone.  They eventually came to the conclusion that my phone was out of sync with the network, had me power it off again, and do something on their side to re-sync it.  It worked, sort of.  Instead of my usual 3-4 bars, I was showing 1 bar but it was grayed out.   was still able to make calls at least.  When I woke up the next day I was getting the same msg.  I went to a verizon store later that day to see if I could get a new sim card or possibly just upgrade my phone.  They wouldn't give me a new sim card, just wanted to push me into signing into a new contract.  Losing my unlimited data, getting locked into 2 years, having to pay an "upgrade fee" was the final straw.

I took my business elsewhere.

0 Likes