phone not charging
katydid1955

my phone was charging and now wont even turn on. any idea what is going on?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: phone not charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that your device won’t turn on, Katydid1955. Let’s get some additional information and explore ways to resolve. Is there any physical or water damage to the device? Did you recently install/update any software/applications?

In the mean time, please try to do a soft reset as per this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202565/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LOROAT11

my phone will not charge

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LOROAT11-

It can certainly be a cause for concern when your phone won't charge. What kind of device do you have? How long has this been going on? Have you tested a different charger?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KF4YPD

I am having the same problem after installing latest software update yesterday. Phone will not charge, and fully drained the battery in about 6 hours of standby. Battery usage in settings showed cell radio was working at full blast, even in airplane mode. Now am unable to charge, tried several known good chargers and cables, am unable to get even a charging indicator now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KF4YPD,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly want to make sure that we can figure out your charging troubles. What is the make and model of your device? Is this the Android OS update?

NicoleT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KF4YPD

HTC One M9, and as described above, after installing the latest update pushed out last week, drained the battery from 100% in about 6 hours, and have been since unable to get any charge back into it.

0 Likes
SUSWAY60

Having the same problem.  After update last Friday phone died after a few hours. Even when not using it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KF4YPD,

Thank you for that clarification. It certainly sounds like we need to further investigate your device. Are you able to take the device into a corporate location to have it looked at? If not, we can continue right here.

NicoleT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes