Re: "Home" App Slow Since Recent Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. What is the make and model of your device? To confirm, is it the home app or key you are having trouble with? Are you experiencing problems with any other app or keys? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
motionguru
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG G7 ThinQ

When unlocking the phone, the screen goes blank for upwards of 30+ seconds followed by the phone displaying "Home isn't responding" and a question asking if I want to wait or cancel.

If I press wait, eventually the Home screen appears and the phone works fine.  The time to wake up seems to be related to how long it is locked.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Home App running slow after the most recent update, motionguru. I appreciate the additional information as it relates to the time out setting of when the device gets locked?  Have you tried to adjust the lock screen settings on your device? Here's a link that helps with as a reference https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218177/  

Thanks,

Edwin_W

0 Likes
motionguru
Enthusiast - Level 2

The screen locks after the appropriate time as set on the lock screen setup parameters.  Also, your link has extraneous characters that need to be deleted for the link to work. 

The problem is that when you unlock the screen by pressing the button on the right side of the phone, or double tapping the screen, and entering your PIN, the screen simply goes blank and the phone fails to show the home screen.  It remains blank for an indeterminate amount of time, sometimes longer than thirty seconds after which is reports that “Home isn’t responding” . . . and provides the option to wait or cancel.  This is the behavior that is undesirable, having to wait for an extended period of time before the home screen appears after unlocking your phone.

0 Likes
motionguru
Enthusiast - Level 2

Image of system dialogue box  

Here is an image of the dialogue box.  I have tried restarting the phone, deleting applications that I don't use often.  Apart from this one issue, the phone has been reliable and worked well.

0 Likes
juliebenintendi
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone (LG G7) has been very reliable too and that is why I was trying to figure out what was going on. I will suggest running your phone in safe mode like I did and check that all of the apps work correctly. I also removed the app I downloaded around the same time the update happened. The combination of those two things seem to have helped. The return to home screen delay has only happened twice since I did that. I have noticed that sometimes my back button doesn't always work but it's only on a couple of my apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the information. How often does the error from the app show on your phone? Do you remember updating the software on the device as well? 

0 Likes
motionguru
Enthusiast - Level 2

The error shows up a dozen or more times a day - generally when i have not used it for more than 5 minutes or so.

Present Software version:  G710VM21b dated Sept 17, 2020 @ 7:23 am PDT

0 Likes
meadamsnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  I cleared the cache, checked for any updates, started the phone in safe mode, etc.  I have done everything that has been suggested to do to my phone except to do a hard factory reset on it.  With all of us having a similar issue, I think this is an LG Thinq issue, and LG needs to fix it.  My phone worked fine up until Oct. 12.  Since then I have had this annoying problem. 

I am quite upset about this - especially since when I bought it, this phone was not what I wanted.  I had one criterion for a new phone, and after spending four hours with an annoying sales associate, I ended up with a phone that did not meet that one criterion.  Unfortunately, since he had my other phone, I was unable to research the phone he was trying to sell me.

juliebenintendi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes on the update, please see my message on this discussion chain dated 11/3/20. I've only had it happen three times since I ran my phone in safe mode.

0 Likes