Re: ""Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"
B33
Legend

JenniferH_VZW  if your Talking about the 4.4.4 for the Droid Maxx it is Good news   the update from what I can see cover allot a stuff.. we'll see how it works for customers then might proceed to Download it in my Droid Maxx..  b33

jchief24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the update on my Droid Maxx and then proceeded to send a test message to my husband. The message FINALLY sent, but immediately after, I was kicked out of the stock messaging app and AGAIN received the "unfortunately messaging has stopped" notice. I reopened the messaging app and was kicked out AGAIN. This happened four more times before I could text my husband again.

0 Likes
HwyStar

Just Stop and Disable Messaging, it'll disappear from your Apps, go to the Play Store and download Messaging Classic.

I had the same issue with my sons Ultra.  About a month ago the Verizon store folks didn't have a clue, said to remove any App killing apps.  Still mo messaging.

Went back the other day and lo and behold they mentioned that it's been an ongoing problem with no fix.  They told us to use Hangouts.  Uh, I don't think so!

So I took it upon myself to Disable and remove the default Messaging app, go to the Play Store and download Messaging Classic.

Texting is now functioning fine.

Just Stop and Disable the Messaging app, it'll disappear from your Apps.  Then go to the Play Store and download Messaging Classic.

0 Likes
jchief24
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was one of the first troubleshooting steps I did on my own. It worked fine for about three days and then it started happening again. I came back to this thread and saw that an update was released yesterday to fix this problem so I installed the update. I can at least send messages now, but the app keeps spontaneously shutting down and giving me the messaging has stopped notice. Resorted to disabling Native Messaging app again and downloading Verizon Messaging app. Works fine so far.

0 Likes
jbee2003

I have not had my phone my droid max for 30 days yet I am missing text messages because of the error code. I went inside the Verizon store in they could not fix the problem they ordered me a new phone someone needs to fix this problem or give us an option to get a new phone without any penalties

0 Likes
TresID
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you've read any of these threads, it DOESN'T MATTER which phone you have. This is affecting ALL Androids and ordering a new phone will NOT help!

The problem is in the latest Kitkat update to the pre-installed Messaging program on our phones. NONE of Verizon's suggestions will correct the problem! The only answer until Motorola fixes this is to delete Messaging and download Verizon Messaging. (I've also seem some who are trying "Messaging Classic". If you have more than one app installed and the old one starts working, you may send duplicate texts.)

WHY DON'T STORE PERSONNEL KNOW ABOUT THIS? DOES ANYONE COMMUNICATE? ISN'T VERIZON IN THE COMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS?

0 Likes
SherrilP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post, please see: Re: unfortunately messaging has stopped

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tnykole77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just began using Verizon Message+ yesterday. I made it the default messaging app, but I continue to get the message that unfortunately, it has stopped working.  Please help, I would love to use this app. I have a Galaxy S5.

0 Likes
Jon777
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you really want to anger your customers, recommend "factory resets" for problems such as these when you don't know what to do.. First, it is incredibly time consuming, backup the data, reset it, upgrade to the latest version of the operating system, and restore apps and settings and music. . Secondly, given you don't really know how to solve the problem, how do you know it won't recur?

My phone is doing this with increasing frequency--and it is now December 26---about 6 months after the problem was first reported. And it is getting more frequent.  If Verizon and Motorola care about their customer experience they will provide us with a real solution.