rebooting
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did the recent update.Several apps would randomly stop working and close. Then out of the blue the phone shuts off. I turn it on and it gets to the LG screen and verizon screen then reboots. I swapped the battery for the spare that is hardly used. Pulled out my sim card and memory card. Sometimes it will reboot other times it does say android is starting.... Optimizing app  1 of 277 apps then moves onto 77 apps. But then reboots.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: rebooting
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Havent checked which software it is at yet but ended up just doing complete reset. (With phone off press and hold volume down and power together until a new screen pops up. You will see factory reset listed. Click that. It may reboot several times like mine did. If google did a backup of your settings and apps when you start to setup the phone again it will give you that option to restore it)

We shall see.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's quite the blow to have to factory reset the phone, au5599. The time it takes to get your phone back how you had it can be a drain. We would certainly want updates on the progress after this reset. We are always here to support you.
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well no it didnt help. After finally getting it to do a factory reset I started to set up everything again. It reset a few times. I disabled almost all apps or deleted the ones I dont use. Then all of a sudden when signing into a second gmail account it again reset  and continued again.

After trying to get it to do another factory reset for 2 hours it finally went through again.  Right now it says Android is starting.....Optimizing app 206 of 224.

This was fine even after the android update In Feb. But it did another update recently and thats when I had this start.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

au5599,

Thanks for keeping us posted. We definitely want your device to be working as it should and appreciate all the steps that you have taken thus far. If you're still running into issues even after the reset, then there may be some underlying hardware issues and the device may need replacing. If the phone is still within warranty it can be replaced at no charge through our technical support by calling 800-922-0204.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no underlying hardware issue. It worked fine before the updates. It is a software issue and no it isn't under warranty all you had to do was look at my account and seen I got it in Sept 2014.

Either way you should replace it for free. These issues are not from me, apps or the phone itself. These are software issues from the software I had to install from you.

I did a complete factory reset again, with no apps installed. Disabled all the extra apps like Gmail, calendar, music, tv, book etc. Then left the phone on but plugged in. Then come back later and it is off and won't restart unless I pull the battery but then gets to the LG screen and shuts off.

It seems a lot if issues from others have come since this update. The phone was great the way it was. But you force these updates.

If this doesn't get fixed free soon you will lose me as a customer. Yes I did say free. If I broke it I would buy another. But I didn't. You forced these updates and that is the cause of it.

Sadly, never had these issues with Sprint...........

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Au5599 We understand you want a working phone and we definitely want the same for you. Not to worry we can troubleshoot the device so we can figure out what is going on. The software update provided by the manufacturer is intended to improve your experience. We need to put your phone in safe mode so we can determine if an app is causing the problem. Please let us know which LG you have so that we can get you the instructions.
DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Likely a bad app that doesn't like the update.  I would factory restore, make sure it is working, then start adding things back, but not all at once or else you just restore the bad app.  Did you contact LG support, which is where the update came from?

And Sprint forums also have the same complaints about pushed firmware updates, so it is no different.  Remember it comes from the manufacturer. 

0 Likes
au5599
Enthusiast - Level 3

Likely not an app. More like bad software update

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It may be a bad software update, but not everyone getting the update has problems So I stand by my evaluation.  I would bet if you did a factory restore, the phone would work and you would find 1 app that was causing problems with the update.

Thanks for listening though.