swap phones on same account
quercus4

My son and I want to swap phones.  Both phones are on our family account.  I found a video on the Verizon website that takes you through how to swap phones but it doesn't explain when to swap the sim cards?  Can you advise me when to do this?

Thanks, Beth

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: swap phones on same account
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Guess I didn't get what you meant by 'reactivate'; to me, activating the phone is done by inserting the SIM card.  But now I understand what you're asking.  A suggestion would be to back up each phone, then do a factory reset on each phone.  Then once the SIM cards are swapped, each phone can be restored from the respective backup.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do both phones use the same size SIM card?  If so, then just turn off the phones, remove the SIM cards, then swap them over to the other phone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

don't you then have to re-activate.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've changed my devices multiple times without any issues by simply turning off the phone and moving the SIM card.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i follow that but don't you retain the other persons data/pics/etc??

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Guess I didn't get what you meant by 'reactivate'; to me, activating the phone is done by inserting the SIM card.  But now I understand what you're asking.  A suggestion would be to back up each phone, then do a factory reset on each phone.  Then once the SIM cards are swapped, each phone can be restored from the respective backup.

bearone21
Legend

thank you

0 Likes