tranfering contacts from cloud to new phone.
johnprusinski

Hey everyone,

I'm having troubles with getting my contacts from my old android turbo transfered to my new android turbo. I tried exporting my contacts from my old phone to the Sim card to transfer my contacts that way, but I get an error everytime. I backed up my contacts to the cloud, but I have no clue how to transfer my contacts from the cloud to my new phone. I looked on Verizon's support network and I found a article with a backup assistance app, but it won't let me log in. It seems a lot of people had the same issue with the app. I'm pretty confused on what to do here. Any help would be apprieciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: tranfering contacts from cloud to new phone.
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The best and easiest way to do this is as follows.

1) change all of the contacts over to Google Contacts on the old phone. (Contacts Optimizer from the store works great)

2) Sync with Google

3) Sign into the new phone and put in the Google or Gmail information

Your contacts will automatically sync to your new phone.  Next I would NOT set up Verizon Cloud and just let Google backup and keep track of your contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnprusinski,

VZW to the rescue! We know how important it is to get the contacts from one phone to another. I personally would be lost without my contacts. It’s great to hear that you have backed up all of your content, including the contacts through the Verizon Cloud app. Here is the process in making sure we get everything back to your phone, including the contacts.

1.)    Open Verizon Cloud app on the phone
2.)    Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top left
3.)    Click on Tools
4.)    Click on Content Restore
5.)    It will refresh the page y saying “scanning content…”. I may take a minute or so.
6.)    It will then list all the items that you will want to restore & you can check mark those items
7.)    It will not show contacts, but once you hit “restore” at the bottom, the first thing that it will restore are the contacts.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re always here for you.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

burnjerryburn

what if your cloud subscription is deactivated? i also don't remember syncing my contacts. am i [Removed]?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes