why is my usage so high?
J-CASON
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I switched from a windows phone to an android my data usage has gone way up. What can I cut back on? between 2 people we are using around 18gigs a month and that is with no streaming of any kind.

@

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why is my usage so high?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wouldn't that be Settings > Data Usage instead?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the phone saying is using the data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I would check to make sure you do not have things set to back up UNLESS you are on wifi.

I would check to make sure you are not auto-updating your apps UNLESS you are on wifi.

If you have Facebook, I would check to make sure that videos do not auto-play.

Do you listen to music? If so, I would check to make sure that the music playing is stored on your phone and not in the cloud.

Those would be good places to start after you check to determine which apps are using the data.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

quit watching movies & videos

0 Likes
TODKED95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have one phone on my account that does the same thing.  It uses twice the data of the next  highest usage phone.  The data sucker is my 18-year-old son's phone and he doesn't use any streaming or any large data usage apps unless on wifi.  The next phone in line is that of my 15-year-old daughter who is constantly on snapchat and uses a lot of data but only half that of her brother.  There is NO WAY he is using twice the data, yet his phone is somehow.  I have turned off everything I can think of (like updates and such, unless on wifi) and still the usage is extreme.  Any other ideas?

J-CASON
Enthusiast - Level 1

We do not watch any movies or videos.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

somethings using data....settings/battery should give an idea on what's using a lot of data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wouldn't that be Settings > Data Usage instead?

bearone21
Legend

my batt shows some but more specifics in data usage....thanks.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Play Store is now going to show actual size of the apps which is nice.

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=69346464&source=drive

0 Likes