Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Activate Mobile Phone
Forsch

Yesterday, I went to BestBuy and bought a Samsung Intensity Prepaid Mobile phone - choosing Verizon over all others as I was told they have super customer service!!! Now i want to activate my phone (my wife also has the same phone) but going to the web site "/activate" requires I (we) buy a phone from them. No! I have phone and a $100 refill card!! I just want to activate a become a new prepaid customer. The telephone number they give 888-294-6804 requires a cell phone number or no go!!! That is what I (we) are trying to get!!!

Can anyone help????

Forsch

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activate Mobile Phone
spottedcatfish
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked at the instructions on the packaging for your phone?  Usually they outline a step-by-step procedure to activate the phone.  I don't think you need to come to the Verizon website at all to get started.  Definitely look over all of the packaging, I think it might be as simple as turning on the phone and following the instructions to program the device, but I could be wrong.

0 Likes
budone
Community Leader
Community Leader

You you able to call *611 without it being activated.  Or maybe 1-800-256-4646  800-2-JOININ

0 Likes
Lee-Lee
Novice

Here is the link to activate your new phone online:https://www.verizonwireless.com/vzwapp/prepay/activateinpulse

0 Likes