Added 3GB Data But Still No Internet :(
sidneyverizon

Dear Verizon,

We added 3GB data after running out of 3.5GB that came with the plan, but when I last checked the data status it still showed 0 MB remaining. What's going on?

In addition, when I purchased the 3GB data via the website earlier, how come it didn't first deduct from the remaining balance ($19.75) I have for my account but charged the full $20 directly from my card? Wasn't it supposed to be $19.75 from remaining balance + $0.25 from my card?

T-Mobile would still give you data access at a lower speed instead of completely cutting off access. Plus their data plan management was so easy to use. We're seriously considering switching to T-Mobile now..

Please help!

Cheers,

Sidney

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Added 3GB Data But Still No Internet :(
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns sidneyverizon! It appears that you have a prepaid account and we have very limited access to prepaid accounts. Please contact our prepaid customer service team at 888-294-6804 for further assistance.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you don't have enough on your balance of course they are going to charge you card. If you were on postpaid you would still have data but be charged $15 per GB. That's better? I'd rather be cut off. Oh and those Edge speeds T-Mobile slows you down to are useless. Might as well be on dial-up.

0 Likes
sidneyverizon

Hello mrhelper,

Thanks for your reply!

The point is, I have $19.75 available in the account already. So Verizon could have first deducted from there before charging the remaining ($0.25) from my card, don't you think so?

And even though T-Mobile's edge speed is slow, it's still enough to download emails and IMs.

As of now, I still have no data..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns sidneyverizon! It appears that you have a prepaid account and we have very limited access to prepaid accounts. Please contact our prepaid customer service team at 888-294-6804 for further assistance.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

sidneyverizon wrote:

Hello mrhelper,

Thanks for your reply!

The point is, I have $19.75 available in the account already. So Verizon could have first deducted from there before charging the remaining ($0.25) from my card, don't you think so?

No I don't and no other business would do that either, You do realize that credit card companies charge a fee for every transaction and do a transaction for 25 cents would have cost Verizon more than 25 cents. Trust me if I ran a business and your bill was $20 and you wanted to hand me $19.75 then charge the remaining 25 cents on a credit card I would have told you to come back when you had $20 in cash or do the entire $20 on the credit card.

0 Likes