Announcement 19
LW33

On one of my mobile lines (out of 3) I can't make or receive ANY calls or texts. When I make a call to any number or any number calls me, we get a recording that says this caller has restrictions - Announcement 19.

This started suddenly on May 1. Verizon is absolutely clueless about what is wrong and say that they can't do anything.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Announcement 19
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for bringing your concern to our attnetion. We certainly want you to be able to call and text will all your lines, and we're motivated to get to the bottom of this with you. We've sent you a private note. Please respond when you have the time, and we'll be happy to investigate this with you further.

*Damien

0 Likes
Jpeg1900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh wow, a month old problem with no solution. So what happened? Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue. I can use internet but cannot make or receive calls or texts. #announcement19

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jpeg1900, we'd love to help you resolve this situation. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

~Aaron

0 Likes
Jpeg1900
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it so annoying whenever whenever someone posts a problem on one of these community boards, comma and then when a member from Tech Support finally responds, all they say is some generic phrase that is not helpful whatsoever like, please message us and we will discuss the problem. How does that help the community at all? My bet is though that they have no solution And just like everyone I've been dealing with for the past 3 days they have a long list of things to try.  Finally after after a lot of headache and frustration the young lady from Tech Support got to her item on the list that included this suggestion I had from the beginning. I kept saying that the phone wasn't the issue, but she kept wanting to troubleshoot the phone. I installed my SIM card into 3 different phones and the same issue exist with all of them. I have used all of them on the Verizon network with this exact same account with no issue in the past. It's like you all don't even listen to us, like we don't know anything at all about Tech, but most of the time it turns out that we solve our own issues because you're reading off of a list instead of actually trying to solve the problem

Anyways, I went to the Verizon store and got a new SIM, after being questioned about why I wanted a new SIM and what I was wanting to do with it, like I was trying it's trying to do some the furious thing with the furious thing with a blank SIM card.. The sales rep even accused me of trying trying to bypass paying my bill with a SIM card . I hate even going to the store because or because they act like they are superior beings. 

Anyways, it wasn't the SIM card. The only thing that solved the issue was changing my number and then waiting a few minutes and then changing it back to what it was originally. That somehow fixed the issue. I kept telling her that there was something wrong with the account, which as it turns out that was the issue. But nobody wants to listen to suggestions because they have their little list in front of them that they have to check off, most of mama most of which Have already been tried. I went through all of these advanced troubleshooting techniques before I even spoke to her but she insisted  That we waste even more of my time than has already been wasted.. I'm glad it's fixed but Jesus, will you please listen to us hes listen to us once in a while? Will you use some actual intellect instead of just reading off of a list? Thank you #announcement19 #newsimcard #changenumber #parentalblock #cantmakephonecalls #canttext

0 Likes
Jpeg1900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also very annoying that we have a time limit in which we can edit our message comments. Apologies for the typos. Change your number and change it back. That solved it for me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to provide reliable service. Please send us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look.

~Maria

0 Likes
Wbruce

I’ve been on the phone with 5 different Verizon techs in the last 2 days trying to solve this problem. Help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Wbruce! You've been dealing with this for too long, and we want to make sure the issue gets resolved. We'll be sending you a private note on this platform to assist. Please respond when you can.

-Ryan

0 Likes