Attempting to activate prepaid no-contract phone
BRIDGIE099

My mom uses a basic flip phone and her current one isn't working well, so I bought a no contract ZTE Cymbal LTE flip phone from Target.

I spoke to the electronics employee and he said it should be able to be activated on an existing line. Once I got it home it had directions that included activating the phone if you already had a Verizon account. I went to activate the phone online, and when I entered in the MEID, it says it is unable to be activated. I called tech support and they expressed they weren't sure, but on their end, it said the phone was purchased "incorrectly". My receipt from target says the MEID on it and that it should be active within 3 hours

I am asking what could have gone wrong, because the last thing I want is to go to target and be put through the ringer because they don't know how to properly complete the purchase.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Attempting to activate prepaid no-contract phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are having issues activating your prepaid device, BRIDGIE099. We do not have access to prepaid accounts and we cannot assist you personally with prepaid service concerns. Only our prepaid customer service team will be able to access your account and only they have the resources to assist you further. While they do not have a Social Media team, you can call them at 888-294-6804 at your convenience for assistance.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIDGIE099

It is a no-contract phone that I am trying to activate on a post-paid account

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, BRIGDGIE099. This device does need to be activated on Prepaid Services in order to be activated on a Postpaid account, have you done this?

CecileC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure your mom has the right options for her needs. A no-contract phone must be activated on Verizon Wireless Prepaid service and the first monthly payment must be made before it can be used with a postpaid service.

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes