Banner account balance display does not update.
DryCreekGeezer

I have a Samsung Gusto 3.  Today I added money to my prepaid account and the banner display did not update to reflect the new balance.  The account information on line does reflect the new balance.  The banner displayed a balance less than @$2.00 when I increased the balance.  What do I do to fix the problem on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Banner account balance display does not update.
GIB65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this issue for the 5 years I have owned my LG Accolade. I add $100 once a year and keep the phone in my trunk as a emergency phone. Here's how I have solved the problem. The 2nd year it didn't update and I called *611 six times over two days until I got the ONE CS agent who knew what to do. So here goes. Make sure that messaging inbound and outbound is ON. Make sure the banner is not showing UPDATING and shows that you haven't added money. Call *611. Tell them to take one cent off of your account. Within 5-10 minutes it should update to the proper amount and PMT date. You may have to shut the phone off and restart it. In 5 years I have dealt with CS people who will tell you anything. Your phone no longer supports that, do a master reset, don't worry about it, it will update after the PMT date, call LG. NO 4 years ago a CS agent added two cents and my phone immediately updated. Sometimes you have to call twice because CS basically reads off a troubleshooting list. The funniest advice was call LG, here's the number. It's pretty sad when you have to tell CS what to do but sometimes they are cool about and happy to know how to fix the issue. Sometimes they wont listen to you at all and you have to call back. Anyway this should work, if your phone is off or you have messaging off when you add money the balance display will not update. The add or take a cent or two off has worked four times now for me.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Might take time to update the phone.  Also, restarting the phone after pulling the battery might help it sync after re-start.

0 Likes
DryCreekGeezer

The phone is only a couple of years old, and still works well except for the frozen banner.  I have pulled the battery at least 4 times since then and the banner is still frozen. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried a Master Reset?

0 Likes
DryCreekGeezer

What is a Master Reset?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
DryCreekGeezer

I did the Master Reset.  Now there is no banner displaying the balance of my prepaid account.  I can't find where to activate it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I reference this page for Live Chat and Tech Help.  Call them from a different phone.  Might just be an update you need for your phone, which might be available within your settings menu, or Tech support might be able to push it to you OTA or on Live Chat.

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
DryCreekGeezer

I was getting ready to do a Live Chat, reached for my phone and found that the balance banner was displayed.  Only thing different I did was to display a personal banner.  I don't know if that "fixed the problem," or if the problem was on Verizon's side of the tower.  I have no clue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Probably just needed to update itself since the reset.

0 Likes