Best smart phone for pre-paid?
EGSEGSEGS

What is the best smart phone available for Verizon Pre-Paid?  For example, if I buy a Galaxy S III (or an iPhone, or some other high-end smart phone) can I activate it on my current pre-paid plan?  I sent this question to Verizon support, but got no answer...  Thanks you for replies !!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Best smart phone for pre-paid?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The prepaid plans for smartphones only support 3G only smartphones. A Samsung Galaxy S III for example can't be used on the prepaid plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And those 3G only smartphone stink. Too bad the FCC doesn't allow Verizon to disable 4G access from 4G so people can use those phones on their pre-paid plans.

Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Backing up Ann154 on 3G devices supported on prepay, just a little more information to add.

Just a few devices that can be used on Prepay services:

Iphone 4                 Samsung Illusion

Iphone 4s               Samsung Reality

Droid X                   LG Octane (New)

Droid X2

Droid 2

Droid 3

There are quite a few more, if you find a device and would like verification i would contact Prepay at 888-294-6804.

Keep in mind with the Prepay services for Smart Phones, You would have the option to choose between 2 monthly plans:

60.00 Plan : Unlimited Talk and Text, Unlimited Text, 2GB of Data

70.00 Plan : Unlimited Talk and Text, Unlimited Text, 4GB of Data

The 60.00 and the 70.00 Plans have been revised to offer more data

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suspect the Droid Eris, Droid 1 and the Casio Commando are also available for use on the prepaid smartphone plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

No doubts at all Smiley Happy honestly would be best for the OP to research some device that appeal her and to contact PP customer service for 100% confirmation. There are quite a few of them out there

0 Likes
EGSEGSEGS

But I like my current pre-pay better than the 2 you listed !!!  For $35 plus taxes, I'm getting unlimited text, unlimited (!!!) data (3G service only), and 500 call minutes.  All I want to do is get a better smartphone, but remain on this exact plan/price.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Smartphones are not eligble for the 35.00 monthly Prepay Plans. They are only elible for the 60.00 or the 70.00.

0 Likes
EGSEGSEGS

Yes - I have that price right now with an LG Extravert smartphone.  Plan is great, just want different phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG Extravert wasn't a smartphone the last time I checked.