Buying prepaid phone hassle
KJulia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, the past two days all I have been trying to do was but a certified preowned Apple iPhone. When I started the call you couldn't just get a human being.. I was hung up on twice to get someone to talk to. I had to eneter my security code wrong 3xs just to get someone to talk to. Today alone I was transferred 7 times. Finally to to someone seems like it's going fine then they tell me that I have to restart my prepaid plan. I told them I have automatic which you get 2GB and not just one. I had been asked if I wanted to go to no contract. Why would I do that when I get more with prepaid? It was very frustrating and I am unhappy with the HTC I have now. All I wanted was to purchase the new phone. My family and friends have pretty much all left Verizon because of issues and I thought I would give it another try but clearly I was wrong. Trying to send an email to someone is impossible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buying prepaid phone hassle
Snn5
Legend

Which CPO iPhone did you want?  You can get them from the regular sales site if you filter the options to CPO on the left side of the screen way to the bottom of the list.  Certified Pre-Owned – Verizon Wireless

After trying this myself, I see that VZW tries to put you on a plan.  You might be best served buying straight full price used at swappa.com or another 3rd party site like Amazon.

0 Likes
KJulia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted the iPhone 5. If I bought it on website would it be fine to use for prepaid as well?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you can buy anywhere as long as it is a clean phone and is Verizon-compatible.  I am using my out of contract LG G2 on Prepaid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjulia, that is a great device and we certainly want to provide you with the best options for you to purchase that device. Here's a list of our Prepay phones for you to order. http://vz.to/1g8mICG Do you have a Prepay or PostPay account?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KJulia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have prepaid. I don't like this device. I can't just buy your phone, I have to restart the prepaid plan (which I just paid for and get the 2GB) and it's already on automatic payment, I need same number as well.

0 Likes
KJulia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I'm going to look into that!