Call Forwarding Issues
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have used call forwarding on my VZW prepaid service for years, with no issues.  Suddenly today, it doesn't work.  When I forward the calls using *72, I get the confirmation saying calls are forwarded to the number, but it doesn't work because the caller gets a fast busy signal.  Is this a network issue or has VZW changed something with call forwarding?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding Issues
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just checked the features of my plan, and it still lists Call Forwarding as a feature.  So, how do I get Verizon to realize this is a network issue? 

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone from Verizon actually read these questions? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand, the importance in managing your phone calls. Please contact our Prepaid Team at: 888-294-6804 for assistance regarding your PrePaid service.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public community forum and a direct link to customer service. Not everyone who frequents the forum responds to the question or they don't have any suggestions. It can usually take a vzw rep to reply if the post is marked as an unanswered question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having call forwarding can be necessary, when dialing *72 are you also dialing the number that you want the call forwarded to. Please try doing this once more, if this issue is not corrected after attempting this please contact us through either Facebook or Twitter for further support.

CecileC_VZW_

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've continued to try since I posted the question.  It doesn't work!  I will send a message via Facebook but I'm always told I have to call the phone number.  We'll see what happens tonight.  I'm guessing I'll get the same response. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck. I was going to write the steps to reach a person quickly when calling customer service, but those steps work for the postpaid number and not the prepaid number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frustratedVcustomer, 

We understand this has been difficult for you. Those are the correct instructions. We cannot access Prepaid account details through this forum or Facebook and Twitter. You will need to contact our Prepaid team directly using the number provided previously. 

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've attempted to do that but can't get a live person to answer on that number.  Your customer service is terrible both online and via phone.