Can I convert from prepaid to postpaid?
BB9370
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set up a BlackBerry 9370 (Old School, BABY!!) on a prepaid plan only to learn BIS (required for data services on all BlackBerrys before BB10) is not available on prepaid plans. I already have a family plan with 4 iPhones. The BlackBerry was just an extra device, sort of a part-time line to test other devices. I had a Lumia 735 but just sold it. Anyway, if I want to use the 9730 and take advantage of all it's capabilities, limited though they may be, I need a regular postpaid account.

Can I keep my prepaid number and convert it to postpaid? I'd do either a basic individual plan for this one phone, or fold it into my current family plan as a 5th line. Depends on which is cheapest. I plan to use WiFi for data almost exclusively, but in order to even get WiFi data for email I need that BIS plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I convert from prepaid to postpaid?
BB9370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Idealy I'd stay on prepaid if I could add BIS so my 9370 would get email. Unfortunately, with these preface BlackBerrys the only way to use all the data services is with that pesky BIS plan. Regular carrier data plans don't work on BlackBerrys before BB10. My phone works, texting works, and I can browse the web if I'm on WiFi. But no email.

IF anyone has a tip on how to get BIS on a prepaid plan I'd love to hear it!

0 Likes