Can I miss a month of payments on a prepay plan?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am going on an extended vacation. I won't be using my phone for almost a month. Can I just skip a month payment on the Verizon Prepay Plan, then pick up (buy data) for the following month when I return from vacation?

It would be nice and would save some money - especially since Verizon is raising prices on the $45 plan by $5 a month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I miss a month on a prepay plan?
Snn5
Legend

If you do not pay upfront for the next month of service, it will be disconnected.  After 60 days, you lose your phone number.  Prepaid cannot be suspended like postpay can.  Where did you hear that Prepay was raising it's monthly cost?  I still pay $45 a month for 2GB (autopay.)

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you get the help that you need for this. For prepaid accounts, please call (888) 294-6804. They can advise on any options that are availabale.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bob:

Please answer my question.

Why do I have to waste my time calling?

If you are unable to do so, please direct this question to someone more capable.

Not happy.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you do not pay upfront for the next month of service, it will be disconnected.  After 60 days, you lose your phone number.  Prepaid cannot be suspended like postpay can.  Where did you hear that Prepay was raising it's monthly cost?  I still pay $45 a month for 2GB (autopay.)

marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I miss a month on a prepay plan?

created by Snn5 in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion

If you do not pay upfront for the next month of service, it will be disconnected.  After 60 days, you lose your phone number.  Prepaid cannot be suspended like postpay can.

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply via email, Snn5. I posted it here in case any other customer has the same question.

marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also found this discussion about canceling a plan, which I found helpful.

How do I cancel a prepaid plan?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, to cancel Prepaid, do nothing.  Do not prepay again.  However, to port a prepaid number that number must be active, so if you cancel do so the day before your cycle ends.  Also, there are no refunds.

marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you very much for that information, Snn5. It is very helpful. I appreciate it.

Snn5
Legend

Welcome.

0 Likes