Can I receive a paper bill for my prepaid phone?
kenzieriann

My driver's license is expiring soon, and I'm wondering if I can get a bill for my prepaid phone, to use as proof as address.  I have no other bills in my name, and cannot have any of the household bills changed into my name either.  My phone bill is my really my only hope. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I receive a paper bill for my prepaid phone?
rcschnoor
Legend

Pre-paid phones do not have paper bills.

You can always go to your local sheriff's department and get a non-driver's ID.

Keep in mind that MANY places require a government issued ID AND 1 or 2 RECENT bills addressed to you at that address as proof of address.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Pre-paid phones do not have paper bills.

You can always go to your local sheriff's department and get a non-driver's ID.

Keep in mind that MANY places require a government issued ID AND 1 or 2 RECENT bills addressed to you at that address as proof of address.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would a pay stub with their address work?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kenzieriann

That is not an option.  My husband does not have his license, and I'm his only way to work.  I must have my license.

0 Likes
kenzieriann

Ann154 I am currently unemployed.  No pay stubs.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unemployment checks?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

kenzieriann wrote:

That is not an option.  My husband does not have his license, and I'm his only way to work.  I must have my license.

What is not an option? Your husband going to the local sheriff's office and getting a non-driver's ID? The fact he doesn't have his license is the whole point of a non-driver's ID!

0 Likes
kenzieriann

My husband is not the one in need of an ID right now, I am.  I need to renew MY driver's licence and need to update my address on it.  My husband does not have a driver's license, so I am the only way he can get to work.  You cannot legally drive a vehicle without a driver's license, which I think is pretty common knowledge.  Like I've ALREADY stated, I have no bills in my name currently to prove residency, and cannot have any put in my name either.  I was hoping maybe I could get a phone bill but my phone is a prepaid.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Other proof of residence documents that may work (if your name is included on any of these):

• Recent Bank Statement
  • Recent Mortgage Statement
  • Signed Lease Agreement still within term
  • Bank, Investment Letter