Can I switch a contracted verizon iphone 4s to a prepaid plan?
ilovegrishnackh

I am the owner of a family plan with 3 other members on it, one member wishes to move their iPhone 4s to a prepaid plan (everything is with Verizon) so that they can pay and be responsible for their own account. Is this possible? What do I have to do?

Upon a visit to a local Verizon store the individual said it could be done but the owner must perform a (AOL) and gave me a 800 number to call.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I switch a contracted verizon iphone 4s to a prepaid plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ilovegrishnackh wrote:

Thank you, All four phones on my plan are out of contract and currently on a month to month. 

Who would perform the AOL, myself (the owner of plan) or the other user (owner of iPhone)?

Both are involved in the AOL process. The current owner has to give their permission for the line to be released from the account. The person taking over the responsibility of the line finishes the process. You will need to also get the prepaid customer service people involved in order to switch the line from a postpaid account to a prepaid account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number should be out of contract before switching to a prepaid plan through the Assumption of Liability (AOL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ilovegrishnackh

Thank you, All four phones on my plan are out of contract and currently on a month to month. 

Who would perform the AOL, myself (the owner of plan) or the other user (owner of iPhone)?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ilovegrishnackh wrote:

Both are involved in the AOL process. The current owner has to give their permission for the line to be released from the account. The person taking over the responsibility of the line finishes the process. You will need to also get the prepaid customer service people involved in order to switch the line from a postpaid account to a prepaid account.

0 Likes
ilovegrishnackh

Would it be possible to have the second member switch their device to a older device, then activate and port their Iphone 4s and number to the prepaid?

I question this because when trying to activate the iphone on prepaid I recieved an error message about the phone be on an account.

Removing it from use should allow it to be moved to the prepaid?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ilovegrishnackh wrote:

Would it be possible to have the second member switch their device to a older device, then activate and port their Iphone 4s and number to the prepaid?

I question this because when trying to activate the iphone on prepaid I recieved an error message about the phone be on an account.

Removing it from use should allow it to be moved to the prepaid?

Is the line you want to transfer to prepaid currently under contract?

0 Likes