Can I switch from a family plan to a prepaid plan?
jackiej089

can i go from my 2 line family plan to 2 prepaid plans? hassle free?

whats all involved in doing something like that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: family plan to prepaid plan
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If the lines are currently under contract, you would need to pay the Early Termination Fee for each line that you cancel and switch to another service including Verizon prepaid.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Are the lines currently under contract?

What phones are you using?

0 Likes
jackiej089

yes, currently under contract

both phones are older basic/feature phones, i know they won't be compatible to do the prepay on those exact phones.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If the lines are currently under contract, you would need to pay the Early Termination Fee for each line that you cancel and switch to another service including Verizon prepaid.

0 Likes
jackiej089

okay, thank you for your help

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Once the contracts are completed, then you you could activate them on a prepaid plan.

Just visit a Verizon corporate store or call Prepaid Customer Service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If all you plan on using them for is calling and maybe texting then the new More Everything plans you can have 2 basic phones 700 minutes unlimited texting and no data for $65 a month plus taxes/fees. Which should be between $5-$10.

0 Likes
samrymom

I went to a corporate Verizon store and they said to call *611 but all i get is an offer to sign up for international calling.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes