Can't activate my 'locked' prepaid phone. PLEASE HELP!!
newtongrad

I just purchased a prepaid phone from the online chat a week ago today and rec'd it Fri Dec 21, 2018.  Ever since then I've been on their Facebook CS and Twitter CS and Verizon Wireless Chat and nobody can help me activate my phone because it came locked.  I am 47 miles out of town and have no car and am disabled.  I asked about this several times before placing the order but it came locked anyway.  What can I do to get this resolved online?  I am so angry I could just burst .  I paid for a month service and a phone but can't use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't activate my 'locked' prepaid phone. PLEASE HELP!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

newtongrad, making sure you are able to smoothly activate your new device is vital. We appreciate the steps you have already taken to try and resolve your device concern. Your time is valuable and we are here to help. Can you please clarify where you had purchased your device (Verizon online website, 3rd party)? Also, are you trying to activate your device with Verizon prepaid services or with another carrier? Please follow this link to review your device compatibility to our network https://vz.to/2P6Bf6R.

SylviaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
newtongrad

I stayed up really late last night and got on new customer chat and was lucky enough to get in touch with the same cs agent that sold me my new phone a week ago.  In just about an hour and a half, we got everything worked out including making contact with my previous provider to get my account number, my phone unlocked and activated and all is now taken care of.  There were some mistakes made by Verizon and apologies were made but all is well now and I'm a happy camper with my brand new phone and service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

newtongrad,

I'm glad to hear you received the support you needed. We never want you going without a resolution. Please let us know if there are further concerns we can address. Welcome to Verizon!

ColinH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes